I SHOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THE PINEPHONE
I am sure the PinePhone is a great little phone and lot's of fun to experiment with but I will never have the opportunity to experience it.
PinePhone shipped it promptly. Within three days of purchase. It was sent via DHL and arrived in Miami on October 30, 2021 and that is where it was lost. I notified PinePhone and no answer, no response. You cannot contact them till the phone is missing for THIRTY DAYS and then they promptly respond stating they will not send another phone or give a full refund till DHL declares the phone is lost. Well Good Luck with that. I have to do all the work and it's very dismal dealing with DHL.

I have sent numerous emails to DHL which they state someone will call me within two hours and I never receive the call. Few days go by and I contact them again receiving the same response. It has been a month since I notified DHL and asked them to declare the phone LOST and now they want package details, size, weight, model of the phone, serial number, color, etc. I do not have this information. PinePhone does and THEY should contact DHL but they don't. I am their customer!

Why doesn't PinePhone get involved and communicate with DHL? They shipped it through them. PinePhone,org is not helping me at all and I have a lost phone and out of $225.00 and paid extra shipping expense to ensure the package would arrive.

Pine Phone has dropped the ball on this big time. I was patient for thirty days thinking PinePhone will come through but I do not see that happening. Really disappointed.
Another day has gone by and I received another nonsense email or "update" from DHL stating they will contact me at 1700Z on Dec 1st. There are no updates only email's stating someone will contact me. Really pisses me off.

The Powers at PinePhone are the same. I hear nothing from them. One would think they would contact DHL to get this resolved but they don't.

Therefore tomorrow I will contact and fill out the necessary papers to file two complaints to the Better Business Bureau, BBB on DHL and PinePhone and let the BBB force these two companies to explain with necessary documentation.
(11-30-2021, 07:40 PM)Scooterman Wrote: Another day has gone by and I received another nonsense email or "update" from DHL stating they will contact me at 1700Z on Dec 1st. There are no updates only email's stating someone will contact me. Really pisses me off.

The Powers at PinePhone are the same. I hear nothing from them. One would think they would contact DHL to get this resolved but they don't.

Therefore tomorrow I will contact and fill out the necessary papers to file two complaints to  the Better Business Bureau, BBB on  DHL and PinePhone and let the BBB force these two companies to explain with necessary documentation.
You are seriously overestimating the BBB.
A64, SOPINE, Rock64, RockPro64, Pinebook1080p, Pinebook Pro, Pinephone, Pinewatch dev kit, Pinetab, Pinecil, Pinenut, Quartz64, Pinephone Pro, and PineNote (so far)
Wow, is "Better Business Bureau" an actual company name?
And I thought Indian businesses had a lack of creativity when I saw "Generic Technologies" as a name of an IT firm.
Also, note how it got the same abbreviation as "Build Back Better", which is coding for "666".

Anyway, mail delivery services in general have quite a reputation on being irreliable in many countries.
As for PINE64, they're notorious for not replying to emails, some of their email addresses outright don't even work.
Hell, Luke even disabled the ability for others to send PMs to him.
You can retreive size, weight, model of the phone, and color from the order page itself, since it's the same for every single model.

Serial number on the other hand, you won't find it anywhere written on the phone itself.
The closest to one would be the IMEI, which is hidden behind the back cover, and I doubt PINE64 keeps track of these.
You should have a tracking number, shouldn't that be sufficient?
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-02-2021, 06:29 AM)ryo Wrote: Wow, is "Better Business Bureau" an actual company name?
And I thought Indian businesses had a lack of creativity when I saw "Generic Technologies" as a name of an IT firm.
Also, note how it got the same abbreviation as "Build Back Better", which is coding for "666".

Anyway, mail delivery services in general have quite a reputation on being irreliable in many countries.
As for PINE64, they're notorious for not replying to emails, some of their email addresses outright don't even work.
Hell, Luke even disabled the ability for others to send PMs to him.
You can retreive size, weight, model of the phone, and color from the order page itself, since it's the same for every single model.

Serial number on the other hand, you won't find it anywhere written on the phone itself.
The closest to one would be the IMEI, which is hidden behind the back cover, and I doubt PINE64 keeps track of these.
You should have a tracking number, shouldn't that be sufficient?

Thanks for your reply. I received an email from DHL every other day from a different person asking for the same thing, the details of the phone, the size of the package, weight of the package, etc. Every other day. Never in my 70 years have I experienced such an incompetent company. When I sent that information to the individual I would receive an reply back stating that particular person would contact me the following day by a certain time. I would then not hear from that person but another email from someone else would then ask for the same thing two days later. This went on for a month.

An hour ago I received an email from Pine64 stating DHL has finally declared the phone LOST and they asked if I wanted another phone which I gladly refused. They will refund the money to credit card. This is very unfortunate for I thought long for over a year deciding on the phone but due to what I experienced with the lack of support from Pine64 I am pleased not to deal with them ever again.

Take care all Pine64 owners. Enjoy your phones and Merry Christmas.
(12-09-2021, 04:38 AM)Scooterman Wrote: Thanks for your reply. I received an email from DHL every other day from a different person asking for the same thing, the details of the phone, the size of the package, weight of the package, etc. Every other day. Never in my 70 years have I experienced such an incompetent company. When I sent that information to the individual I would receive an reply back stating that particular person would contact me the following day by a certain time. I would then not hear from that person but another email from someone else would then ask for the same thing two days later. This went on for a month.

Welcome to current year.
It always seems like the bigger a business gets, the more robot-like their employees become.

(12-09-2021, 04:38 AM)Scooterman Wrote: An hour ago I received an email from Pine64 stating DHL has finally declared the phone LOST and they asked if I wanted another phone which I gladly refused. They will refund the money to credit card. This is very unfortunate for I thought long for over a year deciding on the phone but due to what I experienced with the lack of support from Pine64 I am pleased not to deal with them ever again.

That's unfortunate, but understandable.
Apparently, the closest to a PinePhone-like experience you can get is a OnePlus 6, you'll only need to flash Mobian or PostmarketOS on it by yourself though.
Though it still relies on proprietary Android blobs from what I've read.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where PinePhone Pro are Made Tony90 1 362 01-18-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  using Zoom on Pinephone andrew907 5 970 12-09-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  pinephone 3 ideas aular 2 683 11-30-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: aular
  Does pinephone allow you to repair your own device as easily as fairphone? unix21311 3 1,852 11-06-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Harolddavies0
  can i install mobian on pinephone? luofeiyu 2 1,232 10-15-2022, 07:31 AM
Last Post: user641
  Does the pinephone have hardware kill switches located on the outside of the phone? unix21311 2 1,658 10-03-2022, 05:53 AM
Last Post: unix21311
Sad New PinePhone Mobian Weekly Image... No Boot photon 1 1,069 09-27-2022, 07:00 AM
Last Post: olyavi
  used PinePhone Mobian CE or PineTab CelynRollins 1 1,562 01-11-2022, 06:31 AM
Last Post: collierreinhold
  Are you OK with the size of the PinePhone? guenther 14 8,070 12-16-2021, 12:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Who to contact at PinePhone for Lost Phone Scooterman 3 2,987 11-27-2021, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Scooterman