Redirecting resources
I get the distinct impression that everyone has shifted their attention toward the PinePhone Pro, but they won't let me buy one ... what the hell?
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
@Fred Zyphal it's only available to developers right now. If I remember correctly the release date is Q1 2022.
In the description (https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-pro...r-edition/), you'lll find:

Quote:Description

(Details on the specs.)

This production run of the PinePhone Pro is specifically made for developers. This means that if you received a purchase coupon, you have to be ready resolve any and all software issues on your own. The Explorer Edition, due later this year, will be available for purchase by early adopters.

Developers will need to use a coupon code to complete the purchase.

(Mandatory government conspiracy theory.)
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
"ryo"  and "beta-user"  ...

... my apologies, I'm fully aware of all that.  My point was the original PinePhone will quickly become a paper weight because everyone is focused on the Pro ... I want one, I want one now, damn it!

... please understand I said that in jest, and am now taking it back  Smile
I am Guessing the "Explorer Edition" is equivalent to the "Brave Heart" in the original Pine phone line-up..?

So expect to see a revised mainboard available for the P.P.Pro about this time next year
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hmm, wondering why my post (#4) was deleted .. anyway, my Pro is here, just starting to play with it.
(03-03-2022, 02:48 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: Hmm, wondering why my post (#4) was deleted

There is a forum-wide bug. Using an at sign anywhere in your post triggers it. If you edit your post and remove the at sign, your post will re-appear.

Annoying, but it is what it is for the time being.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(03-03-2022, 11:24 AM)TRS-80 Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 02:48 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: Hmm, wondering why my post (#4) was deleted
If you edit your post and remove the at sign, your post will re-appear.

Hey that worked, thanks  Smile