phonebook app does not send sms or voice call
(12-19-2021, 09:23 AM)tckosvic Wrote: The only option I can find in "phonebook " is the 4dots icon.  Clicking that gives an "import contacts" dialogue and nothing else.  Where does one set MMS options in 'phonebook"?  I can't see any settings option.
Not in Phonebook but in Spacebar - sorry Big Grin
My experience with Manjaro PlaMo: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15300
Re: mmsc settings in spacebar,.  In spacebar, there is a 3dots icon.  After about twenty taps, it opened up with Settings and About.  In settings, I entered Consumer Cellular (uses att network) android settings for the att mmsc network, i.e.,  MMSC -- url,  MMS proxy,  and PORT.   Saving was confusing but just entering back key saved settings.  Took a couple of instances to figure that out.

Then I sent a message and attached a text file to my samsung android phone.  Spacebar said message was sent successfully (no message about unconfigured mmsc this time) along with attached text file.

But, message with attachment was not received on samsung phone.

Will keep messing with mmsc settings unless I hear of any other breakthroughs.

Note: my samsung phone uses consumer cellular sim card and attachments work fine.  Sim card in pinephone was supplied by consumer cellar as a new line purchase so it should work.  Phone calls and simple messages work fine.  No mms yet.

tom kosvic
(12-19-2021, 11:13 AM)tckosvic Wrote: Re: mmsc settings in spacebar,.  In spacebar, there is a 3dots icon.  After about twenty taps, it opened up with Settings and About.  In settings, I entered Consumer Cellular (uses att network) android settings for the att mmsc network, i.e.,  MMSC -- url,  MMS proxy,  and PORT.   Saving was confusing but just entering back key saved settings.  Took a couple of instances to figure that out.

Then I sent a message and attached a text file to my samsung android phone.  Spacebar said message was sent successfully (no message about unconfigured mmsc this time) along with attached text file.

Note: my samsung phone uses consumer cellular sim card and attachments work fine.  Sim card in pinephone was supplied by consumer cellar as a new line purchase so it should work.  Phone calls and simple messages work fine.  No mms yet.

tom kosvic

I was having the same problem with MMS not sending but my MMS setting were set correctly. I needed to specify the correct APN settings in the mobile data section of the settings app to get MMS working
(12-19-2021, 01:53 PM)hinton.s.b Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:13 AM)tckosvic Wrote: Re: mmsc settings in spacebar,.  In spacebar, there is a 3dots icon.  After about twenty taps, it opened up with Settings and About.  In settings, I entered Consumer Cellular (uses att network) android settings for the att mmsc network, i.e.,  MMSC -- url,  MMS proxy,  and PORT.   Saving was confusing but just entering back key saved settings.  Took a couple of instances to figure that out.

tom kosvic

I was having the same problem with MMS not sending but my MMS setting were set correctly. I needed to specify the correct APN settings in the mobile data section of the settings app to get MMS working

Where are the APN settings in pinephone?   I do not find them in "spacebar -> Settings"  or in the main  "Settings" ---> Cellular Networks  --> Sim" app.  Where else to look?

Consumer Cellular has APN settings listing on their site but I can't find a mobile data section to install them in pinephone.

thanks,     tom kosvic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to hear caller or speak after answering a call danimations 5 3,984 11-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  Weird call... Eugo 3 1,959 09-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Eugo
  Pinephone craches after each call neithan76 2 1,587 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Chief
  Call waiting issue kmsgli 22 14,589 06-24-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: kmsgli
  Can't call or receive calls PJK2012 3 2,853 04-26-2022, 03:05 PM
Last Post: PJK2012
  Plasma Phonebook Uturn 1 1,459 01-03-2022, 08:39 AM
Last Post: gamerminstrel
Music Can only hear/speak during a phone call when on speakerphone danimations 4 3,440 10-24-2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Feature request: storing a contact after they call you danimations 2 2,200 09-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Brick Can send SMS but can't receive SMS with Beta 11..? Please help danimations 3 3,196 07-13-2021, 04:57 AM
  [phosh][beta11] audio settings lost after making outgoing call dcinoz 1 1,910 06-22-2021, 03:57 AM
Last Post: dcinoz