Manjaro Phosh Issues
I been using this as a daily driver for some time. Here are some issues that I noticed. Please let me know if anyone know how to fix. 

-over heating if talking on the phone for more then 10 mins. It will get so hot that things will start to shut down.
-Once in a while the phone Mobile and text stuff will not work unless phone is restarted.
-Can not text or receive pictures
-Alarm Clock, Is there a way to change the sound on it? I tried going to Tweaks and download my own sound which it will show but will not use it when alarm sound. 

Also..I am having no luck on using Manjaro Plasma. For some reason the Mobile and data will not work. Any Idea what it could be? I am with Verizon.

Thank You for any help
(11-14-2021, 02:51 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: I been using this as a daily driver for some time. Here are some issues that I noticed. Please let me know if anyone know how to fix. 

-over heating if talking on the phone for more then 10 mins. It will get so hot that things will start to shut down.
-Once in a while the phone Mobile and text stuff will not work unless phone is restarted.
-Can not text or receive pictures
-Alarm Clock, Is there a way to change the sound on it? I tried going to Tweaks and download my own sound which it will show but will not use it when alarm sound. 

Also..I am having no luck on using Manjaro Plasma. For some reason the Mobile and data will not work. Any Idea what it could be? I am with Verizon.

Thank You for any help

Manjaro Plasma uses ofono. Doesn't work with Verizon (yet). Plasma is switching to modem manager which does work with Verizon. Not sure when that will be completed.
Thank you for that info.

For me it happens only with chatty, and with the last update also the terminal is not opening.
(11-21-2021, 01:03 AM)user641 Wrote: -Once in a while the phone Mobile and text stuff will not work unless phone is restarted.

For me it happens only with chatty, and with the last update also the terminal is not opening.

yeah i tried restarting quite a few times. Hope it will get working soon.
It's odd that MMS isn't working for you because I thought Manjaro is shipping MMS by default? What version of Chatty do you have?
(11-23-2021, 03:36 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: It's odd that MMS isn't working for you because I thought Manjaro is shipping MMS by default? What version of Chatty do you have?

In the latest pmos podcast they talk about it, the guy that develop the MMS for the pine and is working with the librem 5 team also...I remeber he telling somwthing about integration with different carriers, that mey be the OP problem.
Thanks everyone. I do keep it updated. What provider best to use for pinephone? Right now im using verizon but thinking about switching to t-mobile. 

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 586 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,452 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,585 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 803 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,715 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Backup and Home Screen Tinkering on Phosh jakfish 0 852 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 1,013 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,828 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,563 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,061 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma