Usability with 20w charger
I'm looking for a powerbank I can run my pinecil off and they seem to all get crazy expensive after about 20w pd. How usable will the pinecil actually be on 20w?

Also, does anyone have any idea when the 1.5m usb-c cables will be back in stock, mine died (guess would be a manufacturing defect) and I've been waiting to order another forever.
I have tried to use my Pinecil using a 18W wall charger which supports voltages up to 12V.
I felt it is usable (not bad) for normal soldering but it may run out of power.

Also I ran it using a power bank with lower power (maybe around 22W) outside and it was still much better than a usual gas soldering iron simply because it is controlled very well. I think it was also driven at 12V but it was a surprise for me compared to the usability of a gas soldering iron.

However, I have bought a Baseus 65W power bank which can supply Pinecil at 20V to reach its maximal power, it works perfectly.
Anyway, really they are expensive, although a few days ago I could buy another 65W power bank for around 50 USD which is a really good price for it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up £20 GaN Charger - works straight out of the box. OscarSass 2 2,650 01-26-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: OscarSass