How is your PineTab?
Hi all, I’m looking for some input.

How has your PineTab been holding up & does anyone have any up to date feedback?

I’m not worried about the Linux part, just curious about how they held up to daily carry/use. Need something to throw in my bag weekdays, for a 45 minute Impress presentation connected to an external projector in case the onsite laptop is dead.

I’m already a satisfied PinePhone owner and would love to be able to get rid of my Ipad next.

Looking forward to your replies.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
Well, they have been out of production for quite some time. Remember also they are A64 based, like the original (non-Pro) PineBook and the PinePhone. So adjust performance expectations accordingly. I have been thinking about one too for a while, but have not been able to get one. Will they come out with (RK3399 based) PineTab Pro instead? Who knows. Main hold up at the present time are sourcing screens, due to well publicized supply chain issues.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Thanks for your reply.
An upgraded version would be great. I was looking at the availability & shipping status page, hoping it really will be q1/2022.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
You and me both, brother.  Smile
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I bought one in the forum here.
Any recommendations for the OS?

The default Ubuntu install is not really usable (trackpad not able to cover whole screen).
And for me it's unclear what to do with Mobian: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...5#pid98835
(11-09-2021, 03:49 PM)jiyong Wrote: And for me it's unclear what to do with Mobian: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...5#pid98835

I'm running Mobian (bookworm) with kernel 5.13 and it's working well.

There is an issue with the micro usb port not charging after reboot but after a while it went to normal. Additional blacklist an usb module in case of high cpu load/suspend problems  described here

I would say dd the latest nightly to a sd card and give it a try.....

Edit: Back to topic...I use my PineTab every day at home for some hours. So far no HW issues or something. If you handle it with some care I think it can last for a long time.
If someone "throws" it in the bag every day, maybe a little shorter Smile
I've kept mine on arch, and occasionally throw in the SD to see where Ubuntu Touch is at. It's held up well.
Thanks guys, just the info I was looking for.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab 2 just arrived + when can hope to se wifi driver LRP 15 7,319 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 456 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  PineTab 2 (arm64) thoughts and questions acruhl 7 2,686 09-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,342 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  pinetab 2 not booting ajhiii070 5 1,632 08-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: r.aliaskarov
  does the pinetab "just worK"? averageconsumer445 19 4,111 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,187 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  No WiFi or Ethernet on vanilla PineTab 2 from the factory? SmittyWerbenyegermanjenson 6 2,129 06-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
Star Looking for a Pinetab [EU] Glenn 2 2,551 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Louis
  Looking to buy a PineTab Yair22 2 2,416 01-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Louis