return policy
Does anyone know how to return a Pinephone .. just got it and I hate it .... I am VERY familiar with Linux.. but this phone is terrible .. battery lasts an hour ... have to reboot it constantly .. 

Angry
https://pine64.com/return-refund-policies/
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
What distro are you using? There are 17. Some are much more stable than others. I tried Manjaro + KDE Plasma first because it's the default and it was not working very well for me. Then I read this review,
The ultimate one year review: daily driving the PinePhone

The author recommends PostmarketOS Stable channel, and also Mobian. Since Debian is one of my usual distros I reflashed to Mobian + Phosh, and the stability has been fine.

When Pine64 announced that Manjaro+Plasma would be the preinstalled OS for the Pinephone Pro, some wag on Reddit said, "So the only one that doesn't work. Great."
@wwwben you should update your OS if you haven't already or install a new one. The one that came with my phone was very outdated and unstable. I assume you haven't updated it, because most people don't have the problems you described.
In short order, an update to Manjaro+KDE broke it badly enough that I needed a rescue disk. That was when I switched to Mobian. The lack of a stable channel can hurt.
(11-05-2021, 08:32 AM)Dendrocalamus64 Wrote: What distro are you using?  There are 17.  Some are much more stable than others.  I tried Manjaro + KDE Plasma first because it's the default and it was not working very well for me.  Then I read this review,
The ultimate one year review: daily driving the PinePhone

The author recommends PostmarketOS Stable channel, and also Mobian.  Since Debian is one of my usual distros I reflashed to Mobian + Phosh, and the stability has been fine.

When Pine64 announced that Manjaro+Plasma would be the preinstalled OS for the Pinephone Pro, some wag on Reddit said, "So the only one that doesn't work.  Great."

I have Mobian + Phosh on one, and Arch + SXMO on the other.
postmarketOS is by far the lightest distro and one of the only ones without systemd (along with Slackware and Gentoo), but the repo's were way too barebones to my taste, so I gave up on that.

Like beta-user said, phones in general tend to be pre-installed with heavily outdated software, this isn't exclusive to PinePhone.
Just running "sudo pacman -Syyu" once and you should be good to go.

(11-07-2021, 04:38 PM)Dendrocalamus64 Wrote: In short order, an update to Manjaro+KDE broke it badly enough that I needed a rescue disk.  That was when I switched to Mobian.  The lack of a stable channel can hurt.

Don't worry about Mobian not having a stable channel, the "testing" channel is pretty rock solid.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry