How to Make Mobian Boot to Command Line
So after a bit of experimenting, I have found a method to turn Mobian into a command line version of Debian. It may not be the best way to get this done, but it works. I am always open to other approaches. There may also be extraneous packages remaining, but I’ll leave any further tinkering to your discretion.

1. Flash the latest version of Mobian

2. Boot the phone and setup the phone, including wifi (I haven’t tested ethernet with this process, but I assume it would work also).

3. Open King’s Cross Terminal

4. Install ssh service: sudo apt install ssh (The package may be called “openssh” in some repositories and/or builds).

5. Start sshd: sudo systemctl start sshd

6. Ssh to device from another computer: ssh mobian@[ip address] (the default password should be “1234”)

7. switch to su: sudo su (the default password should be “1234”)

8. Remove gnome / phosh: apt autoremove *gnome*

9. Update the system: apt update

10. Upgrade the system: apt upgrade

11. Reboot the system: reboot now (this should reboot to command line, but it will still have the splash, and no console output).

12. Ssh in again: ssh mobian@[ip address] (the default password should be “1234”)

13. Switch to su: sudo su (the default password should be “1234”)

14. Edit boot arguments:

a. nano /etc/default/u-boot

b. in U_BOOT_PARAMETERS= remove the argument “splash” and add the argument “console=tty1”
      (so the argument line should looks as follows: U_BOOT_PARAMETERS="console=ttyS0,115200 consoleblank=0 loglevel=7 rw plymouth.ignore-serial-console vt.global_cursor_default=0 console=tty1")

d. save the file

15. Write the boot arguments:

a. cd /sbin
b. u-boot-update

16. Reboot: reboot

That’s it. It should now boot to command line with console output.
I should add that if you don't want console output, don't include the boot argument "console=tty1". Be sure to run u-boot-update in /sbin after making any changes to u-boot.
You could as well have pressed CTRL + Alt + F2 on a USB keyboard though.
The other question is, unless you want to keep your PinePhone docked forever and always carry around a USB keyboard and portable battery (to power the dock), why would you do that?
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I've seen many people ask how they could find a lite image of Debian for the Pinephone. Now they have one. They can do whatever they want with it. For example, they could install a desktop with a virtual keyboard and a working phone. I've done it in Arch using KDE Plasma Desktop. So we're not as limited as you represent. That's why many of us bought this phone.
(11-01-2021, 02:19 AM)Ubermunchen Wrote: I've seen many people ask how they could find a lite image of Debian for the Pinephone. Now they have one. They can do whatever they want with it. For example, they could install a desktop with a virtual keyboard and a working phone. I've done it in Arch using KDE Plasma Desktop. So we're not as limited as you represent. That's why many of us bought this phone.

Ah, now I see why you would do that.
In that case, nice!
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,517 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,719 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  Command to test vibration motor? Zebulon Walton 3 1,974 11-12-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  How to check if tow-boot is installed? jojuma 3 808 09-29-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: tllim
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,691 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 582 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,545 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,801 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton