Upgrade of an Old Developer
I am working on getting familiar with the working (Developer side) of Alpine-Phosh postmarketOS on the PinePhone.  I could use some help locating the Resources I need for development.  I have vast experience in older systems such as X-Window and  develop using openGL and some Homegrown UI tools.

I worked for Singer Link Flight Simulation for 20 years for the most part on UNIX based systems, so I'm familiar with how the development side of the System works. I have done Low level Hardware interfaces and built Graphic Display for Instructor Panels and Cockpit Hardware (instrumentation).  My Programing is limited to COLBALT, C, C++,  ADA, C#

I am very new to this LINUX Environment and have done very limited Admin work.  I was planning on building a Scratch Linux to learn the system but saw that it would take to much time.  I need to get up to speed ASAP if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction.

I have Read most of the Alpine docs and the postmarketOS docs.
Familiar with APK utility.
Still don't know what I don't know!
You'll probably get a better response in the PmOS subsection of the forum, or better yet an Alpine or PmOS forum/chat. Do you have a specific area of interest that would give you a starting point to work out from? There's a huge range of things to find out about, and many may not be relevant to what you want to do.
(10-29-2021, 04:58 AM)wibble Wrote: You'll probably get a better response in the PmOS subsection of the forum, or better yet an Alpine or PmOS forum/chat. Do you have a specific area of interest that would give you a starting point to work out from? There's a huge range of things to find out about, and many may not be relevant to what you want to do.

I would like to start by porting Mega.nz Cloud server to the the PmOS.  It is the one I use and am very familiar with it and have a Developer's notch on it.
(10-29-2021, 04:58 AM)wibble Wrote: You'll probably get a better response in the PmOS subsection of the forum, or better yet an Alpine or PmOS forum/chat. Do you have a specific area of interest that would give you a starting point to work out from? There's a huge range of things to find out about, and many may not be relevant to what you want to do.

Subscribed to pmOS-Apline/Phosh.
(10-27-2021, 09:46 AM)iwm Wrote: I am very new to this LINUX Environment and have done very limited Admin work.  I was planning on building a Scratch Linux to learn the system but saw that it would take to much time.  I need to get up to speed ASAP if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction.

Sounds like you are already on the right track in reading whatever you can. Beyond that just search Internet for specific things as you go. If you get stuck, IRC is still a very valuable resource. You can find #linux (and many others) on libera.chat these days.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while dist upgrade PostmarketOS shellchocolat 0 669 03-16-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: shellchocolat
  No sound after Mobian upgrade arbocenc 1 693 11-28-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: arbocenc
  Did you upgrade from Pinephone to Pinephone Pro? orbital 1 1,119 05-27-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: dachalife
Wink PinePhone Developer edition malvcr 29 38,722 05-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Last Post: malvcr
  Braveheart PinePhone Mainboard Upgrade bridadan 1 2,349 11-26-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: LazLong
  Can the developer's of the pinephone consider selling SD card with different OS pre-i sportsbkrider 4 4,348 11-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  cad files for rear case/battery upgrade dallytaur 5 5,400 11-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Developer Documentation for GT917S flurry 0 1,337 10-29-2020, 11:46 AM
Last Post: flurry
  Developer Guide to Port Applications to Pinephone anywhere? beakfire 0 1,752 07-04-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: beakfire
  Possible in the future to just upgrade pinephone mainboard? 33YN2 1 3,305 11-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bcnaz