SCAM from Pine
Quote:it´s really ashame, 2/2 card bought directly from pine shop and never working. 1 arrived working only on 1 door. 2nd DOA or incompatible.
Really ashame to have an hardware with limited/ no support or totally not wokirng.
My last controller got 2 days ago (after a long shipping time) has not quality control stamp..... this brand sell garbage: I spend hundreds of $ to get the rockpro64 beause of his pci-exp 1x and the nas case.  Sata was basically never be able to run stable. The same with the wifi.

No refund, no support....

the funny stuff is that because of this comment PIne refuse to support my issue...
This is the 2nd card broken or un-usable.
I never read while I pay that I will get no support and that driver etc need to have a pray to get them.
I´m not a unix/linux/openmediavault expert...bit I would feel Ashame for Pine64. Can be really exist a Company like this?

I spent more than 200$ to build the NAS with their hardware. It will be sooner in the garbage!

I will make my emails with the Support of Pine public, not only on this forum if situation is not solved (they black-mailed me....I do the same)

the funny stuff is that because of this comment PIne refuse to support my issue...
This is the 2nd card broken or un-usable.
I never read while I pay that I will get no support and that driver etc need to have a pray to get them.
I´m not a unix/linux/openmediavault expert...bit I would feel Ashame for Pine64. Can be really exist a Company like this?

I spent more than 200$ to build the NAS with their hardware. It will be sooner in the garbage!

I will make my emails with the Support of Pine public, not only on this forum if situation is not solved (they black-mailed me....I do the same)
according them.... they sell hw and somebody here should help.

The sata controller is the one currently sold on their shop.... I use with openmediavault, 32bit, the one for rockpro64...

anybody knows how to make it working?
(10-26-2021, 11:22 PM)fieni Wrote: according them.... they sell hw and somebody here should help.

The sata controller is the one currently sold on their shop.... I use with openmediavault, 32bit, the one for rockpro64...

The JMB852 driver already available in OMV build by default.

Please advise what type of issue that you are facing? Please provide log if possible.
(10-27-2021, 12:49 PM)tllim Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:22 PM)fieni Wrote: according them.... they sell hw and somebody here should help.

Please advise what type of issue that you are facing? Please provide log if possible.

interesting...but i did not get such support from the official support.

my device, based on the last 32bit OMV (officially supporting rockpro64) does not recognize any device conencted to that controller.
(10-29-2021, 05:04 AM)fieni Wrote:

my device, based on the last 32bit OMV (officially supporting rockpro64) does not recognize any device conencted to that controller.

Please provide which OMV build that you are using (version or file name), and how you determine is not recognize?

Support team doesn't service software installation type of question, only focus on hardware warranty and RMA.
(10-29-2021, 03:05 PM)tllim Wrote:

Please provide which OMV build that you are using (version or file name), and how you determine is not recognize?

Support team doesn't service software installation type of question, only focus on hardware warranty and RMA.

omv 32 bit build 0.8.3-1141, then i apply the updates from omv menu.
at this poiint i do the search of the disks and nothing is found.
Disks are 100% working.

usually "support" shall be able to point to the drivers....at least... but if you can help me for me is also ok...
(10-29-2021, 11:45 PM)fieni Wrote:

Disks are 100% working.

usually "support" shall be able to point to the drivers....at least... but if you can help me for me is also ok...

Any error message? By right OMV already has the JMB582/JMB585 driver included. May be this thread help up: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=6449
(10-30-2021, 10:24 PM)tllim Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 12:49 PM)tllim Wrote: The JMB852 driver already available in OMV build by default.

Disks are 100% working.

Any error message? By right OMV already has the JMB582/JMB585 driver included. May be this thread help up: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=6449

i have no error: it´s like not inserted in the pci-ex.
I will have a look to the thread... thx
(10-31-2021, 01:13 PM)fieni Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 10:24 PM)tllim Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 05:04 AM)fieni Wrote: interesting...but i did not get such support from the official support.

Disks are 100% working.

i have no error: it´s like not inserted in the pci-ex.
I will have a look to the thread... thx

card not working, but this: [Image: s-l140.jpg]

LSI SAS 9211-4i Internal SAS Controller RAID HBA Card + 07-00021-Q1

works... so I believe is the controller DOA since claimed in the beginning
i can confirm the card shipped from pine, the one actually in catalog has a missing capacitor on the back Sad. To be honest I only got refund the card cost ba Pine shop, but not the shipping costs = 50% of the overal costs.

Support = 0

With the omv 32/64bit using the current available software i can install.... i was also unable to make working the Marvell xxx230. Somebody claimed is working, but maybe newer OMV version get worst....

who knows a sata pci.ex card working with the currently available OMV?

The LSI above does not fit with the NAS case...

just money lost?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Wifi Module williamdieter 2 2,664 07-20-2022, 03:31 AM
Last Post: imianz
  Suggestion: PineAIO - 32" screens with upgradable Pine boards inside - mitcoes 0 1,488 03-01-2021, 03:21 AM
Last Post: mitcoes
  Pine A64 assembly Spxrgie 0 1,533 01-29-2021, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Spxrgie
  Pine LCD on Rock64Pro DStanman 11 15,144 11-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Last Post: anotherandrew