How to find and remove junk files from failed updates?
How can I find and remove junk files accumulated during failed updates?

I don't know my way around the terminal environment or Linux commands, so seeking recommendations of a file manager.

TIA.  Cool
For byte-sized tech and software tips check out my Danimations Digital Media tips channel on Youtube Big Grin
What do you mean by junk files and what kind of failure do you mean? I don't think pacman writes any temporary files that keep lingering on the system somewhere. It does however cache downloaded packages (in /var/chache/pacman/pkg/), but for a reason. Check out the Arch wiki for more details and instructions on how to clean the cache. After a failed update, just try updating again. It might be another problem if the update was interrupted by external causes like power loss.
I experienced a crash during updating. Before the crash, I was told that I had 750mb available space. Screen went black, device became hot. I was only able to remove the battery to get the device working again.

After restarting, I was told I had zero bytes free space... so my conclusion is, I've accumulated some cache junk prior to the crash.
For byte-sized tech and software tips check out my Danimations Digital Media tips channel on Youtube Big Grin
Why not study a Manjaro Wiki:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title..._the_Cache
(10-22-2021, 02:05 AM)acrux Wrote: Why not study a Manjaro Wiki:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title..._the_Cache

Thanks. From the link you provided, this command worked well and cleared 1.5 GB of space for me. Evidently, it removes all packages, apart from the last 3 versions:

Code:
paccache -rvk3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remove Grayed-Out Alarm Icon from Panel? jakfish 2 1,224 03-02-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Dependency resolution failed nelstomlinson 12 20,015 12-14-2021, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jaywitness
  How to remove Manjaro Phosh lock screen password? Avisando 4 3,779 10-28-2021, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Avisando
  Where to find releases information worden 1 1,587 10-18-2021, 12:20 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  How to remove weird desktop/homescreen icons? jojuma 2 2,088 10-11-2021, 01:36 PM
Last Post: jojuma
Lightbulb Feature request: allow downloading of updates to continue when phone lays idle danimations 0 1,068 09-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Latest updates bvbfan 3 3,150 02-28-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: douzeb