service: command not found
Hi,

I am currently trying to make a ssh connection work. I placed the public key and tried to connect. Since that doesn't work yet I tried to check the status of ssh like

Code:
sudo service ssh status

and I get

Code:
sudo: service: command not found

ssh itself seems to be ok, since I get options offered when only typing ssh. How do I get 'service' to work? I searched the net, but I don't find a clear explanation, especially not for the Pinephone which I absolutely don't want to mess up.

Currently I'm on Pinephone KDE (Manjaro/Plasma Mobile):
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.86.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.10-1-MANJARO-ARM

Thank you!
Manjaro uses systemd and you can interact with systemd services via systemctl. The SSH service is called sshd.service. So you can check its status with
Code:
systemctl status sshd
Here are some more infos on security regarding SSH. The Mobian wiki is a good place to look for (more or less) PinePhone specific stuff in general.

Edit: Just saw you are using Plasma. Since Mobian uses Phosh, a lot of the stuff in the wiki might not be relevant for you. The SSH stuff still applies though since it has nothing to do with the desktop environment.
Thank you very much!!!

No I was able to SSH into the Pinephone!

Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Plasma Beta and Cellular Data Service Fred Zyphal 7 5,001 03-17-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal