No mobile data working
Hello,

I've received my Pinephone a few weeks ago and am struggling to get mobile data working, using $ sudo pacman -Syu i have updated the phone to the latest version. Some notes:

* ofonoctl wan does not list any interface, other ofonoctl commands do not work, probably because there is no interface to work on
* i have input my provider's APN settings
* i got a dedicated SIM card for the phone with mobile data
* calling and sms works just fine
* frequently see the message modem shows no carrier
* in the APN settings, i am unable to click or enable the active checkbox, on some screenshots others posted, the checkbox was clearly checked, whenever i click it, i enter the screen where i can input the APN username/password

Having read through many posts on the subject, i am still at a loss. Any tip is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Just for testing and comparing, -- try another operating system from an sd card.

Of the Manjaro phosh or Plasma desktops, the Phosh desktop has less modem problems. *(in my tests)

While Post Market OS, Archarm64, Mobian, seem even more dependable at modem handling, *(again in my tests)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Maybe I'm just a lucky one to have successful combo of mobile provider and pinephone hardware&software but mobile data is working ok here with providers default APN.
The thing that you can try is to wait a little after system start as the mobile broadband connection takes some time to start here. Usually it takes a minute or two (in some cases up to 5 minutes if I remember correctly) and then the message appears that the connection was established.

Hehe - that's my 100th posting here - time to celebrate Tongue
Congratulations.

Anyway, waiting a few minutes did not seem to do anything. After startup, i am quickly connected to my provider. I can also immediately make a phone call. But the mobile interface never seems to appear.

It seems i now must get an SD card and a reader/writer so i can try another OS.

Thanks anyway!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  debugging issue realted to iso image wth extra data eror penguins_rule 1 109 03-21-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,362 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  gnome-mobile dev Uturn 1 1,040 02-22-2023, 03:37 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,566 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Disabling screen timeout for plasma mobile rp3 7 7,025 09-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: christev1
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 28,583 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  double tap to wake > plasma mobile Uturn 3 2,275 05-19-2022, 07:55 PM
Last Post: epiii2
  Danger icon on mobile network avodá 6 3,266 05-12-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,016 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  auto start waydroid in plasma mobile? Uturn 2 2,336 04-19-2022, 03:47 AM
Last Post: dorthatapia