Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders
I recently purchased a replacement screen for my PinePhone, which works great. However, I assumed, incorrectly, that there would be an adhesive screen protector in the box, and there wasn't. So, I went on the website and ordered one. 

The default shipping for this order was by courier, and was 22 dollars (!) for a 5-dollar item. I didn't realize this until I received an email that my order was received, and the total was 27 dollars.

I quickly went back to the site and navigated to my orders, which returns a 404 page. So I responded to the email with CANCEL CANCEL in the subject line. In the email, I said I don't want to pay this exorbitant fee to have this screen protector delivered via courier.

I then sent another email stating that I would still make the order, if we could alter the shipping method. These emails went to sales@pine64.com and no one ever responded to them.

11 days went by, and just now I received another email that my order has been processed. I don't know why anyone would want to pay to have a courier bring them a screen protector, if it takes Pine64 11 days just to acknowledge the order. And since the site is broken, and since no one responds to the sales email, I have to now contact my credit card company to get this order cancelled. Chances are, I'll receive this thing anyway, at which point I suppose I'll have to send it back.

On a related note, if anyone knows of another screen protector, that fits the PinePhone, please let me know and I'll order it. I don't think I can keep ordering from Pine64 if the process is this dysfunctional.
Screen protectors for the iPhone 11 Pro Max / Xs Max or Mototorola Moto Z Play have been reported to work on the Pinephone. (That's according to past posts in this forum, I have not tried any of them myself.)
Thanks, I ordered a 3-pack of the iPhone protectors from eBay, for about 6.40, with free shipping. I disputed the Pine64 charge on the grounds that Pine64 is violating its own cancellation policy. Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else, but like I said, be careful if you order from Pine64 because you won't be able to cancel or alter your order once it's placed.
(10-12-2021, 03:58 PM)3x5co Wrote: Thanks, I ordered a 3-pack of the iPhone protectors from eBay, for about 6.40, with free shipping. I disputed the Pine64 charge on the grounds that Pine64 is violating its own cancellation policy. Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else, but like I said, be careful if you order from Pine64 because you won't be able to cancel or alter your order once it's placed.

the correct email address is sales@pine64.org

the sales@pine64.com should auto forward to sales@pine64.org and may be not working.
Alright, well the emails from the store come from sales@pine64.com. I just forwarded one of my emails to .org, so we'll see what happens.

If the emails need to come from sales@pine64.com, it might be worth editing the settings in WooCommerce so that there's a .org email in the footer, or change the 'reply-to' header to .org.
I have an update: today, I went to buy a replacement LCD screen. As soon as I committed the order, I got a receipt email and saw that it defaulted to courier shipping, which was an extra 24 dollars. So I replied to the receipt, which is now correctly going to sales@pine64.org. I told them I want to cancel the order because of the shipping.

Pine64 replied almost immediately, told me it would be a 5% cancellation fee (fair), and asked if I wanted them to redo the order with cheaper shipping. I told them no, just cancel, and they did. I just got my refund and it was really easy.

So whatever breakdown was happening before with changing or cancelling orders seems to have been totally resolved. Thanks Pine64!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thanks Pine64! themagicm 0 943 11-01-2021, 11:37 AM
Last Post: themagicm
  Pine64 forum vs other channels vongillus 12 8,288 05-06-2021, 06:16 AM
Last Post: vongillus
  Does PINE64 ship to South America? Is v1.2b the final hardware? amosbatto 4 3,747 04-05-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: amosbatto
Sad Problems with PINE64 Support Astilex 1 2,405 04-05-2021, 12:48 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Wrong language installed on PINE64 mobian edition Derek7 0 1,931 04-02-2021, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Derek7
  new Pine64 KDE2 Plasma - missing navigation buttons? DonF22 2 3,660 03-03-2021, 01:19 AM
Last Post: tllim
  No ability to cancel out of Applications in Both KDE Plasma AND Mobian Basic 10 8,715 03-02-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Basic
  Default Password for New Pine64 KDE Plasma CE? robertb1 3 5,120 02-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: cybercricket
  Thank you Pine64 community! Shane 1 2,111 01-22-2021, 06:07 AM
Last Post: moxx
Tongue New Pine64 Phone UBports Edition Can't Connect to Wifi/Doesn't Charge blindbutnotblind78 1 2,488 12-02-2020, 08:42 PM
Last Post: evilbunny