I am considering a pinephone but have a question first
hmm... the only modem problems I have encountered were when the modem cache would plug up with the mms text, but I have since been using Modem manager GUI to clear the cache once in a while.
I have written a few long sms texts and never noticed any limits.

I have had dropped calls on some of the operating systems I have tested, but that has not happened to me while using Mobian.

Currently I have 5 Pinephones, one with Mobian is my daily driver, one is down for a new upgrade/mainboard, 3 are running test operating systems.
I send 50 - 100 sms texts per day on my daily driver, besides a few voice calls.

I do not have many hours into testing the data connection, I don't really use data much on the phone except to check that it works.
I have used some of the phones on occasion to write my posts here while using my cellular data....
I have not had a data connection problem on Mobian, but perhaps if I put in enough hours I may see a fault ?

*** One thing that 'may' make a difference, My operating systems are very close to the "Out of the Box" configuration I think with these beta systems adding and changing stuff can cause un-seen, un-foretold things happen with those changes.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-08-2021, 12:02 PM)flatulent_piney Wrote: I contacted my carrier to determine whether they could support the pinephone on their network.

I'd not blindly trust that.
I once sat down at the nearest by SoftBank branch store for 2 long hours, they kept asking me what Android version my PinePhone was running on, even after saying multiple times it's Linux and not Android, only to then get a confirmation from HQ that SoftBank's USIM cards only work on either Android or iOS (they're not interchangeable).
Rakuten Mobile on the other hand worked out of the box, and another forum user once confirmed they could use on NTT docomo (which is one of the big 3 here alongside SoftBank, and Rakuten Mobile uses NTT docomo's network) as well.

If it's on the Wiki and it states it works with T-Mobile, then it should work though, since this list is compiled by actual PinePhone owners who tested it first hand.

Edit:
Thanks for reminding me about the Wiki.
I just updated a little bit based on the information above.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 298 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,062 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,520 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 458 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,936 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 380 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,476 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,596 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,663 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 991 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma