Caller, chat and contact list no longer running
Hi all,

I am using the Phosh version on my pinephone with 3GB RAM / 32GB. I do not know where to begin the fix as it suddenly the default caller, SMS chat and contact list just become in-accessable (or appear to be not running at all). I am sure the phone service provider and my phone network is all valid (I can go online on firefox using the phone network without wifi).

When you call your own number, there are tones from where I calling my phone, but the pinephone is not responding to the call, no ringtone sound from my pinephone, the "Calls" app simply just did not shown or appeared. I tried to sent a SMS to the pinephone and the SMS "chat" app just do not show/responding. I tried to access the "chat" app on my pinephone and the app just become not responding and just give up on loading after a while. This goes the same with my contact list app.

Anyone has any idea, where should I begin my fix? or should I just reinstall the hold thing to make it work?
Any help is greatful.
Cheers.
You could probably 'fix' the software, but if you do not have much added to the OS yet,

** It will probably be 'easier' to just download and flash a newer release that has this issue already resolved.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@chadwick

According to the #PostmarketOS matrix room, there was an update to libphonenumber that will require Calls, Chatty, and Phonebook to be rebuilt using the new version of the library. So if you are on PostmarketOS, this would explain your symptoms. - The fix is to wait for the other packages to get rebuilt or install PostmarketOS stable.

Mark1250

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  closing apps rather than leaving them running (phosh) lordearl 7 5,962 02-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: parry
  pinephone boots to green screen after running out of space costava 1 1,432 01-30-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: costava
  Application list PMOS-Phosh jmorris 6 5,927 12-04-2021, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Juergen
  Purism Chat Local Files DingDangDoong 2 2,543 08-02-2021, 02:54 PM
Last Post: DingDangDoong
  Contact app broken on edge jmorris 3 10,288 05-03-2021, 04:49 AM
Last Post: janvlug