partition on jumpdrive format
Forgot my pine lockscreen pin, so I tried to install manjaro. Jumpdrive is working to get into the phone but I seem to be having an issue installing an image. The original postmarket os boot partition(127mb) continues to be the only bootable partition. Is it possible to expand the partition to one large one and let manjaro partition as needed. The other partitions never come as bootable so I keep getting the factory test screen every time.

Seen several youtube videos explaining this, newbie I admit I am....but this is frustrating.
(10-01-2021, 02:45 PM)8cove Wrote: Forgot my pine lockscreen pin, so I tried to install manjaro. Jumpdrive is working to get into the phone but I seem to be having an issue installing an image. The original postmarket os boot partition(127mb) continues to be the only bootable partition. Is it possible to expand the partition to one large one and let manjaro partition as needed. The other partitions never come as bootable so I keep getting the factory test screen every time.

Seen several youtube videos explaining this, newbie I admit I am....but this is frustrating.

Before offering advice here, I want to be sure I'm understanding your predicament correctly. Sounds like you had postmarketOS installed but got locked out from the lockscreen PIN so are trying an alternate OS = Manjaro? Since you're using Jumpdrive, I assume you're installing onto the emmc drive of the phone, so you need to identify which drive that is using the 'lsblk' command on your computer terminal. You must be certain of the correct drive letter before trying to flash the image, so as to avoid over-writing your main drive... In mine the phone's drive was /dev/sdc because my PC has two hard drives (a & b), but your situation may be different so I would suggest using 'lsblk' twice -- once before you attach the phone with JumpDrive running, and once AFTER. The new drive that pops up on the lsblk output is your phone's emmc storage.

Then, using "dd" command you can flash the image:
   dd if=[Manjaro-ARM......].img of=/dev/sd[YOUR-DRIVE-LETTER] bs=1M status=progress conv=fsync
Wait until the process has completely finished before disconnecting your phone from the computer, removing the Jumpdrive SDcard and rebooting the phone from the internal emmc.

Now after you've booted once, shut down the phone, re-install the JumpDrive and reconnect to your computer. Run the lsblk command again, and notice the size of the 2nd partition on your phone's storage. The image you flashed will likely only be occupying about 5G of the available space, but you want to expand it to fill the available 32G or whatever is available. Do this with the "parted" command (as root):
   sudo parted /dev/<your_sd_card_device>
   (parted) resize part 2 100%
   (parted) quit
After doing this run the lsblk command again and re-examine the size of that 2nd partition on the phone. You should see it has increased in size to over 30G.

Now power down, remove the JumpDrive and reboot the phone and you should be good to go.
BUT remember when presented with the initial PIN lockscreen, there is a default PIN for Manjaro = 123456
Once in, you can re-set the PIN to whatever you want (in Settings -> Users)

Hope this is helpful. After trying a half-dozen of the software releases available, I have settled on Manjaro-ARM-phosh and am very pleased with it. First thing to do after installing any of the images, is to upgrade the software packages so everything's up to date.
For Manjaro this is done with "sudo pacman -Syu" from the terminal, but make certain to increase the screen-lock interval in settings first
   (Settings -> Power -> Power Saving -> Blank Screen) -- select 5 min or more so that the screen doesn't blank in the middle of the upgrade process and interrupt it.

Good luck.