New Pine Phone User In Canada
(10-05-2021, 09:18 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: A wired headset will work with Mobian but what you have to do is first dial the call then plug the headset into the jack. Kind of goofy but hopefully that will be remedied at some point.

I've never been able to get bluetooth audio working. My Samsung bluetooth headset, which worked perfectly fine with my old flip phone, just spits out static when connected to the Pinephone.

*nod* I see I see, very interesting. I'll give that a try but I was hoping to get it to work while watching YouTube or listening to MP3s. It continues to play audio on the Pine Phone's speaker even when headphones are then plugged into the jack. I looked to see if there was an option in the settings to toggle output to the headphone jack but didn't see an option for it. So we may just have to wait for support to be added in a future revision.
OK, I misunderstood. I really have not been using my Pinephone for anything other than phone calls.

Just for grins I plugged in a set of stereo earbuds and checked Settings/Sound. It automatically shows the output device as "Headset". I then played an mp3 audio file and it does play through the earbuds. Ditto for playing mp4 video. I'm running Mobian Bookworm with updates as of a couple of days ago, using VLC media player for both audio and video files.
(10-02-2021, 02:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote: @tllim
Above,  I was referring to a home computer operating system.

Though I did talk to one of the Zorin brothers about the Pinephone last year.

They were working on adding the arm/pi software as their first arm supported O.S.

At that time they had their hands full,  but he did say they 'may consider supporting the Pinephone in the future'  ...

Thanks on approaching Zorin and glad to know they are considering :-)
(10-05-2021, 11:59 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: OK, I misunderstood. I really have not been using my Pinephone for anything other than phone calls.

Just for grins I plugged in a set of stereo earbuds and checked Settings/Sound. It automatically shows the output device as "Headset". I then played an mp3 audio file and it does play through the earbuds. Ditto for playing mp4 video. I'm running Mobian Bookworm with updates as of a couple of days ago, using VLC media player for both audio and video files.

I was wrong. The headphone jack does work. I tried a different pair and it was fine. It may not have liked the initial set because they're the kind which have a dongle for playback controls.
Better late than never I hope.

I’m on bullseye and you can change the audio output in settings → Sound menu.

A great headset works really nice for odysee/youtube. JBL bluetooth speakers work fine, but if you want to go to full volume on the speakers, you need to use the volume control buttons on the speaker itself.  Max out the volume on the phone first and then adjust it on the speakers, mine can get really loud.

I’m using vlc for audio & video files & haven’t got into lollypop yet; in a heavy work cycle for about 3 more weeks, so my free time is way down.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 943 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,749 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 792 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,616 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 994 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,421 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  how to backup user data? Uturn 1 614 08-30-2023, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 680 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  Can't get through "User Configuration" on new PinePhone a-l 24 18,222 06-01-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: feketej
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata