Phosh: Idles to Lockscreen Without Powering Off Display
I have my Pinephone with Arch+Phosh installed set to turn off the display after one minute, the problem is that instead of turning off the display it will switch to the lock screen and stay powered on indefinitely. This is remedied when I restart Phosh with
Code:
# systemctl restart phosh.service
then it will behave as expected and power off the screen after one minute and the problem is gone until I reboot.

I've re-installed Arch+Phosh but the problem persists. It's a custom build so it could be one of a hundred things causing this to happen.

I looked to see if anyone else was having this problem but I couldn't find anything about it. I played around with the phosh.service file thinking  the problem had something to do with the order Phosh is started but I haven't gotten anything to work. Anyone have this problem?

Edit: I solved the problem, it was caused by
Code:
/usr/bin/gjs /usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.ScreenSaver
running at boot causing conflict with the screen turning off. I renamed org.gnome.ScreenSaver to org.gnome.ScreenSaver.bak effectively disabling it and the problem went away.
I actually think this is some sort of GNOME overall bug. It happens with GNOME 3, too, on my x64 machine: launch any application that inhibits screensaver. Naturally (and as expected), this now will block the automatic screen turn-off and lock screen while you still see your desktop. BUT if you now lock the screen manually, where GNOME 3 usually will turn it off after in seconds, it suddenly is shown forever - even though that makes absolutely no sense IMHO: the entire point of screensaver inhibit is to keep something visible like a video with with no user interaction, which of course already is a lost battle when the screen was locked (no video visible anymore then, is it?). Preventing a further power save via screen turn-off at this point just seems super pointless to me. Maybe preventing suspend actually makes sense so audio players can use it, but keeping the lock screen lit up feels like a conceptual bug/design mistake with only disadvantages.

So it might probably make sense to report it at https://gitlab.gnome.org/ but don't ask me for which subproject.
Away

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Video] PinePhone Touchscreen on NuttX: MIPI DSI, Display Engine, Touch Panel lupyuen 2 880 09-29-2023, 11:37 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
Photo Mobian with X11 without Wayland and Phosh. Manieck71 0 833 09-09-2023, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Manieck71
  How to disable lock screen in Phosh? lat 14 13,840 03-31-2023, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Display Engine lupyuen 0 1,224 12-22-2022, 06:01 PM
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: MIPI Display Serial Interface lupyuen 0 1,071 12-14-2022, 05:49 PM
  Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone njha 74 127,862 12-12-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: wcdeich4@hotmail.com
  Article: Rendering PinePhone's Display (DE and TCON0) lupyuen 0 1,193 10-29-2022, 06:09 PM
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Display Driver in Zig lupyuen 0 1,119 10-17-2022, 07:02 PM
  Article: Understanding PinePhone's Display (MIPI DSI) lupyuen 2 1,669 10-01-2022, 05:52 PM
  Enable 'upcoming-events' on Mobian/Phosh Korac 3 2,108 09-14-2022, 01:19 AM
Last Post: dukla2000