Burning images on Mac (OSX) the easy way
Bluphire

"will "Etcher" free up the extra 1.5gb needed on my SD card to install a 64gb OS on my 64gb (62.5gb actual) sd card?"

Reply:

No, but MickMake told me that most OS's are made smaller just because of that problem.
But etcher does it pretty much put the OS onto the MicroSD, and format it to be runnable.
It can't change the MicroSD.
Although, MickMake said there is a work around to it. (But it's tricky and I have no clue how to be honest) "You can increase the filesystem size on the SD card once you've loaded it up. This can be tricky depending on your O/S of course. :-)"
Then I replied back saying "So is this tricking the MicroSD to it being bigger than it actually is?" and he said
 "This is something that probably needs another video! ;-)
But no, not trick it. You are actually expanding the file system to fill the physical space."
So, to me I think you may need to wait for a video, or (just google it.)

Good luck. Sorry if I didn't help that much. 

but me personally I got a 32GB MicroSD and it was really 31.1GB so, I just did the 16GB version. It kinda sucks, but it works. note: (I got lazy and didn't google it)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to burn an OS image to a MicroSD card on Mac - by TheWoofies - 06-27-2016, 06:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invalid package error in Manjaro-ARM? Easy fix 98cwitr 0 1,614 05-23-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: 98cwitr
  why are there different images based on sd card size? checktravis 2 4,862 07-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Last Post: xalius
Exclamation Images too large? kikootwo 9 16,129 07-19-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Post: jimwrey