xfinitywifi + cpu overheating
Hi there, Ive been using this xfinitywifi as my primary internet for all my devices for quite some time.
I just got my device, but for some reason xfinitywifi does not seem to show up on my wifi list. 
I've tried other operating systems but none of them can see xfinitywifi, I'm currently trying to figure out how to change my mac address and try that.

Also does anyone know a command to limit cpu temperature on the cellphone, I've noticed mine gets a little hot, not sure if anyone else has set the limit lower to make sure it doesn't overheat and damage.
So i've discovered the xfinitywifi must have todo with the fact that its 5ghz wifi. Other people have experienced problems with 5ghz wifi on pinephone, others suggest to downgrade my os. Hmm
The Pinephone does not support 5GHz wifi, only the 2.4GHz band. This is a limitation of the hardware, so changing OS will not male any difference. (I don't know if it's possible to use a USB wifi adapter for 5GHz functionality.)
(09-12-2021, 08:37 PM)unrealb2 Wrote: So i've discovered the xfinitywifi must have todo with the fact that its 5ghz wifi. Other people have experienced problems with 5ghz wifi on pinephone, others suggest to downgrade my os. Hmm

I'm kinda surprised the xfinity routers aren't both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Anyway, if you're a fan of tinkering with electronics enough to own a PinePhone, do look into the world of DIY routers. It can be great fun and a good learning experience to buy a little barebones PC and setup IPFire or PFSsense. Owning your own modem and router is also a basic privacy step Smile
  • PinePhone BraveHeart, needs modem replaced, used for experimenting with new OS's.
  • PinePhone Manjaro Community v1.2b 2G/16Gb Daily Driver
  • Pinebook Pro Arch Linux, Daily Driver