HDMI Input
Question 
I have a camcorder which provides HDMI output. I want to input this video feed to pine and run an image processing on it. So I want to know if there is a way I can input an HDMI video to the pine board and process the video feed. I was also wondering if the HDMI port provided in the pine board can also function as HDMI input.
The hdmi port on the PineA64 is output only.
you can add HDMI input, with transcever HDMI To CSI chip.
This would be nice.  

Firstly does anyone know the maximum speed of the CSI pclk? I'm wondering how and 8bit CSI can do 1080p/30fps?

I read over the A64 user manual there is conflicting data - it refers to a 4 lane MIPI CSI but from what I can tell it's an 8 bit CSI 1 input.  It maybe possible to use a HDMI to TTL board like one Adafruit sells, but I believe that is 24bit.  If 4 channel MIPI CSI is available then HDMI IN is possible as they are both similar signals - differential pairs.  

I've looked over the user manual and datasheet it's vague in many areas.  Are there other resources for the A64 CSI interface?

Thanks,
Aaron
(12-16-2016, 10:31 AM)scanff Wrote: This would be nice.  

Firstly does anyone know the maximum speed of the CSI pclk? I'm wondering how and 8bit CSI can do 1080p/30fps?

I read over the A64 user manual there is conflicting data - it refers to a 4 lane MIPI CSI but from what I can tell it's an 8 bit CSI 1 input.  It maybe possible to use a HDMI to TTL board like one Adafruit sells, but I believe that is 24bit.  If 4 channel MIPI CSI is available then HDMI IN is possible as they are both similar signals - differential pairs.  

I've looked over the user manual and datasheet it's vague in many areas.  Are there other resources for the A64 CSI interface?

Thanks,
Aaron

the 4lane MIPI should be DSI. The CSI is parallel bus type and support up to 5Mpixel which is higher than 1080p resolution. However, I don't think it is possible to use as HDMI input. If works, please lets us know. You can review CSI camera spec at Pine64 wiki site.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smart Mirror - Input Questions riahim 7 12,370 09-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Lw64
  HDMI media PC and smarthome greasycajun 8 12,236 02-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Chadilac