Pine phone keyboard ?
(01-15-2022, 02:33 PM)irongarment Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 03:53 AM)Surehand53 Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 12:44 AM)irongarment Wrote: Ok. I updated the OS that was on the phone (KDE edition) and it started working. Hooray. Other stuff stopped working, but them's the breaks I guess.

Could you give a bit of feedback how it feels, handles, what’s working, what is not ?

I haven't figured out how to hide the on-screen keyboard without disabling the real keyboard.

Don't know what OS you have, but in Manjaro Phosh, you disable the on-screen keyboard in settings -> Accessibility -> Typing
Thanks for that. I don't know what OS I have (it was whatever shipped with the KDE edition). I'll have a look around.

I'm waiting for consensus to arise for the "best" OS image for this phone. I bought it as a novelty, and to support ongoing development, because I think it's important that this sort of thing should exist.

Ok, it's Manjaro-ARM with KDE Plasma. I don't have "Settings|Accessibility". I do have "Settings|Virtual Keyboard", but there's nothing in there for this. No worries.
I am expecting my new keyboard in the next few days,

Has anyone tried it with the Mobian bookworn - weekly release ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
NEXT UP :

What about batteries for this new keyboard ?

Can we get a part number ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-16-2022, 08:11 PM)irongarment Wrote: Thanks for that. I don't know what OS I have (it was whatever shipped with the KDE edition). I'll have a look around.

I'm waiting for consensus to arise for the "best" OS image for this phone. I bought it as a novelty, and to support ongoing development, because I think it's important that this sort of thing should exist.

Ok, it's Manjaro-ARM with KDE Plasma. I don't have "Settings|Accessibility". I do have "Settings|Virtual Keyboard", but there's nothing in there for this. No worries.

Hello, this is how you can disable the visual keyboard in Manjaro Plasma (KDE) : you need to activate a «Widget». To do so, when you are on the main screen, hold your finger on the screen a few seconds. A new menu will pop up. Then, select «Add widgets...». Then, slide the new menu, and you will see a keyboard picture called «Input Method». Type one time, and this picture will appear on the main screen.

Then, when you type this new icon, a green point will appear and disappear, that show you the state of the visual keyboard (Activated or Deactivated). To modify the size of this icon, or to remove it, hold your finger a few seconds on it : some options will appear.

I hope this was helpful !
(01-17-2022, 01:48 PM)TuxUnderTheArch Wrote: Hello, this is how you can disable the visual keyboard in Manjaro Plasma (KDE) : you need to activate a «Widget». To do so, when you are on the main screen, hold your finger on the screen a few seconds. A new menu will pop up. Then, select «Add widgets...». Then, slide the new menu, and you will see a keyboard picture called «Input Method». Type one time, and this picture will appear on the main screen.

Then, when you type this new icon, a green point will appear and disappear, that show you the state of the visual keyboard (Activated or Deactivated). To modify the size of this icon, or to remove it, hold your finger a few seconds on it : some options will appear.

I hope this was helpful !

Thanks! That works.
Changing Times :
In the past, DHL delivered my Pine phones directly to my door.

NOW they deliver to my city, and then a 'third party' is going to deliver to my house.

In the past, When DHL sent me a text that they had picked up my shipment in Hong Kong, I would have my shipment at my door in about 24 hours.

NOW : this shipment took "Days" before even leaving Hong Kong,, the Los Angeles/customs and the road trip to my city in about another day, finally 3 days in my city
.......... before finally making it to my door.

In this crazy time I guess a week to travel around the globe is not too bad, but I would prefer counting hours to arrival, rather than counting days or weeks.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-17-2022, 05:56 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Changing Times :
  In the past,  DHL delivered my Pine phones directly to my door.

NOW they deliver to my city,  and then a  'third  party'  is going to deliver to my house.

In the past,  When DHL sent me a text that they had picked up my shipment in Hong Kong,  I would have my shipment at my door in about 24 hours.

NOW :  this shipment took "Days" before even leaving Hong Kong,,  the Los Angeles/customs and the road trip to my city in about another day, finally 3 days in my city
.......... before finally making it to my door.

In this crazy time I guess a week to travel around the globe is not too bad,  but I would prefer counting hours to arrival, rather than counting days or weeks.

It could be worse, I ordered mine on the 1st and it hasn't even left China yet. At this point I am genuinely worried that it won't leave until after the Chinese New Year which would mean it would take between 6-8 weeks for me to get my order.
I ordered mine on the 5th, and according to the DHL text updates it is apparently somewhere here in my city now. (Arizona, USA)

The Way Bill format has changed and is harder to understand. ( I also do not understand them using a third party to deliver to final address)

@ragreenburg have you received a DHL text yet ?

I just ordered my Explorer Edition PPP in the wee hours this morning, hopefully it will slip through before the Log Jam from the CNY hits.!
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-17-2022, 07:13 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I ordered mine on the 5th,  and according to the DHL text updates it is apparently somewhere here in my city now.  (Arizona, USA)

The Way Bill format has changed and is harder to understand.  ( I also do not understand them using a third party to deliver to final address)

@ragreenburg  have you received a DHL text yet ?

I just ordered my Explorer Edition PPP in the wee hours this morning,  hopefully it will slip through before the Log Jam from the CNY  hits.!

I didn't pay for DHL like a dummy, just standard shipping and support said it will take 2-6 weeks to reach me so I definitely won't see this keyboard until mid Feb... Such a bummer because had that been clear at checkout I would have paid for faster shipping.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,207 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,461 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 359 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,901 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 392 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,109 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 447 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 560 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 902 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  How to disassemble Keyboard top and replace cables? elof 2 717 10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: elof