Pine phone keyboard ?
(01-17-2022, 05:56 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Changing Times :
In the past, DHL delivered my Pine phones directly to my door.

NOW they deliver to my city, and then a 'third party' is going to deliver to my house.

In the past, When DHL sent me a text that they had picked up my shipment in Hong Kong, I would have my shipment at my door in about 24 hours.

NOW : this shipment took "Days" before even leaving Hong Kong,, the Los Angeles/customs and the road trip to my city in about another day, finally 3 days in my city
.......... before finally making it to my door.

In this crazy time I guess a week to travel around the globe is not too bad, but I would prefer counting hours to arrival, rather than counting days or weeks.

I think it depends on the actual service a shipment uses.

For example, I have received packages from Germany shipped by DHL, but that was mean a regular postal service, so it was handled by local postal service.
...but I have also ordered more expansive ways and DHL was also the final courier that case...
MY KEYBOARD arrived today

* ( DHL brought the keyboard from China to Tucson, then USPS delivered it to my mailbox, about 7 days total in transit No Complaints )

The keyboard is working ok, besides the software having a few rough edges, I need to get used to using my phone differently.

When this 'mini-laptop' is closed, it is about a whole inch thick !

One Neat thing I noticed right away, just open and tap in your passcode, and you have your home App screen open immediately !

First charge for the keyboard, it took a few hours to reach 100%

ADD: Running recent release of Mobian/B.W. with all updates
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-20-2022, 01:22 AM)bcnaz Wrote: MY  KEYBOARD  arrived today 

*  ( DHL brought the keyboard from China to Tucson,  then USPS delivered it to my mailbox, about 7 days total in transit No Complaints )

The keyboard is working ok,  besides the software having a few rough edges,  I need to get used to using my phone differently.

When this 'mini-laptop' is closed,  it is about a whole inch thick !

One Neat thing I noticed right away,    just open and tap in your passcode,    and you have your home App screen open  immediately !

First charge for the keyboard,    it took a few hours to reach 100%

ADD:  Running recent release of Mobian/B.W. with all updates

How do you know how long it took to charge the keyboard the first time? I didn't think it had any way of checking the battery of it.
(01-23-2022, 11:19 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 01:22 AM)bcnaz Wrote: MY  KEYBOARD  arrived today 

*  ( DHL brought the keyboard from China to Tucson,  then USPS delivered it to my mailbox, about 7 days total in transit No Complaints )

The keyboard is working ok,  besides the software having a few rough edges,  I need to get used to using my phone differently.

When this 'mini-laptop' is closed,  it is about a whole inch thick !

One Neat thing I noticed right away,    just open and tap in your passcode,    and you have your home App screen open  immediately !

First charge for the keyboard,    it took a few hours to reach 100%

ADD:  Running recent release of Mobian/B.W. with all updates

How do you know how long it took to charge the keyboard the first time? I didn't think it had any way of checking the battery of it.

I think it said it was about 40% when I first turned it on while connected with the charger,

I turned it off, allowing it to charge,   ---  when I turned it back on about 2 hours later it said 100% charged.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Not certain where it picks up the % of charge, perhaps a combination of the two ?

It does not show that two separate batteries are onboard.

I just used the information that was on the 'Power App' (on Mobian/Phosh) for my reference.

** Another post stated that their phone with the keyboard attached went dead over-night while the phone was turned off. --> (?)
.... they did not say what operating system they were using,
....... (my references here are using latest Mobian/Bookworm + daily updates, on convergent Pine phones.)

> I have not seen that, when I charged my combo (Phone + keyboard) to 100% and turned it off for the night, it was still at 100% when
I turned it back on 10 hours later.

I Really like this keyboard, BUT, it is not ready for my daily use Pine phone. ...maybe soon, but NOT YET NOW.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-23-2022, 11:19 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: How do you know how long it took to charge the keyboard the first time? I didn't think it had any way of checking the battery of it.

I had to turn on the phone,  check the charge status,  then turn the phone off again ---> to continue charging.     Shy
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Has one of you figured out, how do change the settings of for example Arch Arm Mobile, so that one can use the special keys like '-' is 'AltG" plus '7'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,219 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,632 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 359 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,905 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 393 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,114 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 449 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 562 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 905 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  How to disassemble Keyboard top and replace cables? elof 2 720 10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: elof