RTC Battery Type
I bought this , but cable doesn't fit. Sad
(06-25-2016, 12:16 PM)Pepe Wrote: I bought this , but cable doesn't fit. Sad

Sad

Connector on the battery was too small?
Thanks, Ghost. I definitely don't remember seeing the specs when I bought that during the Kickstarter and didn't think to check out the store for details once it arrived.

-MB

(06-21-2016, 09:02 PM)Ghost Wrote: Taken from the Pine64 shop page, there are two types of RTC battery holder available:

https://shop.pine64.com/collections/powe...-batteries
This one takes two AAA batteries

https://shop.pine64.com/collections/powe...um-battery
This one takes a CR2032 battery

Identify which you have and choose your battery accordingly. Both battery types should be widely available.
(06-25-2016, 09:33 PM)pfeerick Wrote: was too small?

Yes, too small Sad
I popped in a pair of CR2016's as they are 3V and sold in pairs, for less than 2x CR2032. and the only spec on the PINE site was "3V". However, I have no idea if I've put them in the right way and are working... is there an easy test for this? Like, a device in /proc in Linux?
(06-28-2016, 11:03 AM)psmacmur Wrote: I popped in a pair of CR2016's as they are 3V and sold in pairs, for less than 2x CR2032. and the only spec on the PINE site was "3V".  However, I have no idea if I've put them in the right way and are working... is there an easy test for this?  Like, a device in /proc in Linux?

There are plus and minus symbols inside the battery holder.  If memory serves, the one furthest away from the pair of wires in plus-side down and the closer one is negative-side down.

The safest way to test is to use a spare header and a voltmeter.
(06-28-2016, 11:03 AM)psmacmur Wrote: I popped in a pair of CR2016's as they are 3V and sold in pairs, for less than 2x CR2032. and the only spec on the PINE site was "3V".  However, I have no idea if I've put them in the right way and are working... is there an easy test for this?  Like, a device in /proc in Linux?

The suggestion by mmb is the best bet. Fortunately, if the batteries are the wrong way around, they shouldn't be doing anything at all, as with most button cell battery holders the side is usually positive (+), and the bottom negative (-). Because of the way the batteries are made, if you put them in upside down (usually + down), the side and bottom are both connected to +, so nothing happens.
Is there a specific JST plug? Like the ph, xh.....
(07-01-2016, 08:22 AM)ht91109 Wrote: Is there a specific JST plug? Like the ph, xh.....

I'm waiting for them to arrive, but it should be the 2pin JST-PH... (I ordered these in 2 and 3 pin variants). This was before I realised the lithium battery connections were repeated on the euler bus, but it looks like I'd still need the 2 pin ones for the RTC port if I intend to connect a battery to it
pfeerick: Thank You!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Problems to Boot with Battery Only? Evanidus 7 8,782 07-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: xalius