Arrived last week
Both I and a friend (who ordered theirs after I did) in April received our Pine's last week, exactly as advertised.

I had read the forums and notices on the actual website, saw the incredible backlog, they CAN'T have been ready for this demand, blah, blah... I knew BEFORE I ORDERED it would be slow and we were both  prepared to wait until July before we started whining, so bonus for us I guess.

The boards are beautiful (one is 1 GB the other is 2 GB, both with the wifi/bt radios) , and following the instructions in this forum I was able to make both of them boot with no problems at all*.

Cheers, and well done!

-Newfies

Smile 

* Ok, there's one tiny problem with sound. if you try to use hdmi video out and the audio out port.  No sound on the audio out. This only effects people with monitors that don't have built-in speakers, and that's both of us. If there is a definitive fix (short of buying monitors with speakers) for that we'd be grateful for the link.

Otherwise... very cool.
(06-21-2016, 05:04 PM)Newfies Wrote: Both I and a friend (who ordered theirs after I did) in April received our Pine's last week, exactly as advertised.

I had read the forums and notices on the actual website, saw the incredible backlog, they CAN'T have been ready for this demand, blah, blah... I knew BEFORE I ORDERED it would be slow and we were both  prepared to wait until July before we started whining, so bonus for us I guess.

The boards are beautiful (one is 1 GB the other is 2 GB, both with the wifi/bt radios) , and following the instructions in this forum I was able to make both of them boot with no problems at all*.

Cheers, and well done!

-Newfies

Smile 

* Ok, there's one tiny problem with sound. if you try to use hdmi video out and the audio out port.  No sound on the audio out. This only effects people with monitors that don't have built-in speakers, and that's both of us. If there is a definitive fix (short of buying monitors with speakers) for that we'd be grateful for the link.

Otherwise... very cool.

Sound for Linux was already fixed, there is also a alsa state file with default mixer setting to use the headphone jack somewhere, I have to go and find the link...

Edit: Found it... http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=807
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Happy/Sad. Pine64 arrived; DSI connector damaged Switchblade 1 2,860 06-21-2016, 06:44 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Shipping to Canada via EMS - No tracking details 1 week after shippment email eltoddo 6 8,036 06-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Last Post: ht91109
  Order shipped for pri mail 2-day, no updates for a week Zellio 6 6,729 06-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Last Post: jamesalanlytle