Forgotten Root File System Password
Alright, so my PinePhone has been sitting for a few months, and the passwords that i thought i might of used aren't working. I get the Mobian Spash screen, the "Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ..." text, then it asks for a password. I have tried flashing Ubuntu Touch to a microSD with the same result. When that didn't work I next flashed JumpDrive 0.8 the the microSD, and still have the same result. What should my next step be? Thanks.
(08-19-2021, 07:40 PM)rridgwayjr Wrote: Alright, so my PinePhone has been sitting for a few months, and the passwords that i thought i might of used aren't working. I get the Mobian Spash screen, the "Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ..." text, then it asks for a password. I have tried flashing Ubuntu Touch to a microSD with the same result. When that didn't work I next flashed JumpDrive 0.8 the the microSD, and still have the same result. What should my next step be? Thanks.

If you get the Mobian splash screen although you have inserted an SD card with Ubuntu Touch or JumpDrive, then the phone apparently doesn't boot from the SD card, but still from the internal memory. So something went wrong while flashing or there are problems with the card or the card slot. If you haven't already, try flashing the card with Etcher. And if you have another SD card, try that one.