Bookworm
For anyone that may have had a custom ringtone that disappeared when updating to bookworm (happened to me), following these instructions for Manjaro brought mine back:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid99964
Although the only genereal issue seems to be the brightness thing, I guess it is not 'officially' recommended to upgrade until there is a corresponding blogpost about upgrading on https://blog.mobian-project.org , right?
(Don't want to break my daily driver PinePhone... Wink )
IF you are using 'Bookworm' you are near the cutting edge anyhow...?
> Bullseye is now being maintained by "Debian"

I guess if you have an early release of bookworm and you only just update it, that may be as close as you can get to a "Stable Bookworm" ?

My daily driver has an early bookworm release plus updates.

While on one of my 'test phones' I do flash the latest nightly almost every night.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Bookworm has worked out fine for me as a daily driver, seems pretty stable. I just put in the latest updates today and the things I need are still working. (Usually I update it about once a week or so.) I periodically do a full image backup of the eMMC in case something goes horribly wrong, and also have a working SD card that can be inserted in the phone if for some reason the installed OS stops working.
(09-14-2021, 02:56 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: Bookworm has worked out fine for me as a daily driver, seems pretty stable. I just put in the latest updates today and the things I need are still working. (Usually I update it about once a week or so.) I periodically do a full image backup of the eMMC in case something goes horribly wrong, and also have a working SD card that can be inserted in the phone if for some reason the installed OS stops working.

Do you notice much of a difference in the speed of the operating system when comparing use of the sd card to the eMMC ?
(09-14-2021, 05:31 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Do you notice much of a difference in the speed of the operating system when comparing use of the sd card to the eMMC ?

The SD card is a little slower but not a huge difference. The Pinephone is sluggish either way. Smile
I'm updating to Bookworm.
One question though, why does it take forever to update initramfs?
I started the update at 9:00 in the morning, and it got up to "update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.13-sunxi64" at 99% a few minutes later.
It's almost 16:00 now, and "update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.13-sunxi64" is still at 99%.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(09-15-2021, 12:54 AM)ryo Wrote: I'm updating to Bookworm.
One question though, why does it take forever to update initramfs?
I started the update at 9:00 in the morning, and it got up to "update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.13-sunxi64" at 99% a few minutes later.
It's almost 16:00 now, and "update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.13-sunxi64" is still at 99%.

I just made the switch to bookworm from an older bullseye install 2 days ago. Everything was installed within 30-45 minutes. My PP is the UBports edition with the upgraded motherboard, Mobian running on SD card.
I upgraded to bookworm today and everything seems to be working fine aside from the fact that it tells me installation of the package folks-common has been held back. Trying to install folks-common manually tries to uninstall mobian-phosh, mobian-phosh-phone, gnome-calls and gnome-contacts which I'm guessing I don't wanna do. Anyone know what's up with that?
(09-15-2021, 11:38 AM)SocialNetworkingWasAMistake Wrote: I upgraded to bookworm today and everything seems to be working fine aside from the fact that it tells me installation of the package folks-common has been held back. Trying to install folks-common manually tries to uninstall mobian-phosh, mobian-phosh-phone, gnome-calls and gnome-contacts which I'm guessing I don't wanna do. Anyone know what's up with that?

Basically something about version 25 of folks-common is old and 26 is the new one but isn't depending on stuff or something. Moral of the story though, if something is held back probably ask in the Mobian matrix chat and leave it alone or risk messing your install up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,862 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,273 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,544 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,162 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,082 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,509 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 892 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,621 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,449 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,464 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz