Bookworm
(08-17-2021, 05:16 PM)phoenixbyrd Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:34 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: Has anyone tried switching from Bullseye to Bookworm yet? Just curious how unstable it actually is right now but have also been using Mobian as a daily driver so didn't want to jump over myself then have everything get messed up.

I'm on bookworm right now and updated to 5.13 kernel. Everything seems fine so far.

I did not see any reference to a download site for bookworm :

Could someone post a link to the Mobian/bookworm download site  Please.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
The impression I got was you first install a recent Mobian, change the repositories as described in the announcement, and do a dist-upgrade.

https://blog.mobian-project.org/posts/20...e-release/
..... The "the new Mobian unstable" will become bookworm soon ?

So I assume it will 'soon be available' on the Mobian nightly download site ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(08-18-2021, 11:31 PM)bcnaz Wrote: .....  The "the new Mobian unstable" will become bookworm soon  ?

So I assume it will  'soon be available'  on the Mobian nightly download site  ?

The nightly image I downloaded yesterday was already configured to,use the bookworm repository in the sources.list file...rt
(08-19-2021, 04:19 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote: The nightly image I downloaded yesterday was already configured to,use the bookworm repository in the sources.list file...rt

Good to know, so I take it all that really needs to be done is copy the latest nightly Mobian to an SD card and update it.
I copied the 8/19 nightly release to an SD card, booted it up, and did an update. It runs much better than the installation I have on the eMMC. Programs seem to launch a bit quicker but the big win is calling is much more reliable. With my eMMC installation the user interface and modem just didn't seem to be very much in sync and it could be a struggle getting calls to work, sometimes would have to reboot the modem once or twice to get a call through. Now calls work much more reliably, in fact there's been no trouble at all with them. So I'm going to run the Pinephone off the SD card for a while and see how things develop with bullseye.

The wired headset bug remains though, have to plug it in after the call goes through for the mic to work, and bluetooth audio is still not working. Mobian is also still not retaining the "4G Only" mobile setting. (All in good time I'm sure, right now I'm happy just to have calls working.)
(08-18-2021, 09:24 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 06:21 AM)battlegarden Wrote: For now it works fine. Good imprevement on the calls reception when locked.

Do you mean that calls are coming in earlier when the phone is locked?

Yes, there's a new interface on the lock screen that allows you to receive calls without unlocking. You can't use the dial pad though, you just need to unlock after receiving the call. For me it works much better than before.
Yes, huge improvement on receiving calls when the phone is sleeping. The phone wakes up noticeably faster and can be answered direct from the lock screen.

There are minor nits, I have not been able to get my custom sound profile for ringtone working, though it's possible I missed something setting it up, will have to double-check. The totem video player is not working and others the video is choppy. As noted before, still no bluetooth audio for calls, still have to plug wired headset in after the call is connected for the mic to work, plus minor GUI glitches (poor sizing of apps) and other minor issues. Overall though a big improvement for basic call functionality.

For now I'm running off an SD card without encryption. (I don't keep any sensitive info on the phone anyway.) When ready to update my eMMC installation to bookworm, is it a matter of just updating the repositories and running apt-get dist-upgrade? Or is it necessary to do a fresh installation?
For what it's worth, I edited my source lines to read bookworm instead of bullseye, and did apt update&apt upgrade. So far so good.
Pinephone beta edition, convergence model, Mobian Bookworm with Phosh.
Now Xiphos can download and install modules. That's a big deal for me, one step closer to putting this phone into daily service.
Pinephone beta edition, convergence model, Mobian Bookworm with Phosh.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 2,002 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,375 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,572 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,227 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,182 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,534 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 908 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,706 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,492 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,486 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz