Bookworm
Hi All

Have been doing daily updates on Bookworm for some weeks now and in the last few days getting messages along the lines of:

Release file ..../InRelease is not valid yet (invalid for another 5d 8h 35min 43 sec). Updates for this repository will not be applied.

This is happening for 3 packages, but I am not getting any updates at all or upgrades.
Also the numbers seem to get longer without any updates .

Can someone explain this to me please.

Regards
(02-04-2022, 01:46 PM)Dinosaur1946 Wrote: Hi All

Have been doing daily updates on Bookworm for some weeks now and in the last few days getting messages along the lines of:

Release file ..../InRelease is not valid yet (invalid for another 5d 8h 35min 43 sec). Updates for this repository will not be applied.

This is happening for 3 packages, but I am not getting any updates at all or upgrades.

Regards

I would say go and ask the Mobian Matrix chat that question and give them the exact error. The chat is #mobian:matrix.org. If you haven't used Matrix before then it is fairly easy to setup, I just use Element in my browser on my desktop. There is also Fractal or Neochat for mobile usage.
(02-04-2022, 01:46 PM)Dinosaur1946 Wrote: Hi All

Regards

I have seen the same thing when updating,  if you leave screen rotation turned on you can see more options while updating.
  (just turn the screen back & forth to see more of the page options)

You can close "that pop up notice"  and download the rest of the updates that the warning does not cover.
The "left-over"  updates will download on the next cycle.

My daily use phone, and my Keyboard testing phone,  both are version 1.2a Convergent phones, they are both running very well.
( I do update both of these almost everyday)

I ran my daily use phone from late September until mid January before it did crash during an update.

For a cutting edge, beta software...  I am not complaining,   I think that is very GOOD..!
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Explorer Edition -- Pinephone Pro

Bookworm on sd card

I Sure wish the boot indicator LED was working  !

Runs pretty good after I get it running.
except for failure to wake from suspend.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Bookworm on the Explorer Edition  ===>

Firefox runs youtube videos with working audio
but Firefox's Preferences would not open  :-(

Web (Epiphany) also runs youtube with audio, and  'working Preferences'.
Nice crisp sound I could hear it ---  even turned down to  less than 100%.    :-)

Posted from my Explorer Edition phone   :-)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hi All

Just an update on my "updating" problem.

I turned off the internet time syncing, as I have wifi turned off all day.
After one day the clock/date was out 4 days.???

So, when trying to update the server decided that the update is not due for another 4/5 days.

However by turning wifi off all day, I can now use the phone as a daily driver.
It does not get warm and lasts more the 16 hours.(doing nothing)
At night I turn wifi on and update, then leave power off all night while it is charging.

Will see how goes.

Regards
Pine phone Pro, Explorer Edition,

With the recent updates, my Explorer now completes an update without the need for me to push the power button for
various amounts of time to help it through !

It does still freeze when it suspends, --- and still no boot LED when it is booting.

But it is progress ! ===> Thanks Team Mobian.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Interesting comparing R/W speeds using 'Disks' app. on both the Pine phone and the Pro series

Reading the Pro series emmc read : 180.1 MB/s - write : 157 MB/s ==> sd card read : 23.7 MB/s (no write on active disk)

Reading the original Pine phone emmc read : 75.7 MB/s - write : 69.9 MB/s ==> sd card read speed : 23.6 MB/s

The original pine phone should run nearly 3 times as fast on the emmc, while the Pro series should be almost 7 times as fast using the emmc.!

Good reason to consider moving from the sd card to the emmc installation !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
How many seconds faster does firefox open on the Pro?
I have not tested "running" my Pro  with the OS on the emmc yet,  --  just the tests I described above.

I did notice the "installed Firefox" browser would Not allow me to open preferences,  so it only ran on the default Google search engine,
But it did play YouTube videos pretty well including audio.  ---  (Epiphany also played YouTube well  ~  But their preferences DO work)

I am Currently - running all my Pine phones on sd cards,  -  both the original phones and the Pro series phone are reading their sd cards at about  ~  23.6 MB/s

That said :  I did  'try them'  -  "AS-IS"  ==> click the Firefox icon on both screens at the same time --  Firefox is open on the Pro phone about 3-4 seconds quicker so noticeable I would say.

The Pro does have more horsepower, and a newer wifi module.  -  This was just a quick basic test,  -  just a few minutes of playing with the phones.

Your Results could vary.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 2,002 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,371 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,572 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,227 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,177 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,532 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 908 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,695 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,482 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,483 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz