Bookworm
I have not seen any written statements about that on the Mobian Blog.
and
The updates through the Software store are still able to update, every night, ... just no more complete O.S. image - 'Nightly releases'.
Now it is once a week.

The Mobian 'Software Store' is improving nicely, though it is an 'ongoing' process, 'WIP' (work in progress)

> Of the top 5 "Working" Operating Systems, - they do all have 'working' software stores, but some are a bit more usable than others...

I have been using the GUI Software Stores since I got my first "Brave Heart" Pinephone, < for almost two years now.>
with mostly pretty good results.

My post is not a complaint, just an observation of the change.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Changed my repositories to say "bookworm," updated and upgraded, everything went without a hitch. It's been working fine through however-many small updates I've done as they came in. Starting to use the pinephone (name: Big Friendly Giant Big Grin ) as my regular phone. So far, so good.

Though I'm impatient for waydroid to start working (buggy as hell on my phone) because I need it for the covid check-in app we have here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS: Mobian Bookworm, Phosh. Pinephone Braveheart from 2020-02-11
Noticed differences between updated operating systems and fresh flashed operating systems.

On my updated daily driver phone, the method for closing an app is, hit the up arrow first, then flip that window up off the screen.

On one of my test phones I have the latest Bookworm release on a fresh flashed sd card.
* I can close an app as described above, * * But I also have the option to just click the 'X' icon on the top right area of the page to close the app. in one step.

(My daily driver does have ALL of the updates)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-04-2021, 10:22 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Noticed differences between updated operating systems and fresh flashed operating systems.

On my updated daily driver phone, the method for closing an app is, hit the up arrow first, then flip that window up off the screen.

On one of my test phones I have the latest Bookworm release on a fresh flashed sd card.
* I can close an app as described above, * * But I also have the option to just click the 'X' icon on the top right area of the page to close the app. in one step.

It's a problem with the image: https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/393. I think you normally only get the "X" button when you connect an external monitor.
(12-05-2021, 09:08 AM)beta-user Wrote: I think you normally only get the "X" button when you connect an external monitor.

You also get the "X" button if you run WayVNC for remotely accessing the phone's desktop. I think also if you connect a mouse via the dock.
@beta-user

Thanks for that link, it  was interesting.

I had not looked at that as a fault, ...  >   I Kinda Like that Feature.

Everything else that I tried on that November 28th weekly image release seems to work as expected.
(The Software Store is progressing,  It seems to be a huge project )

Downloading the December 5th  weekly image release Now.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Looking at the forum now from a Pinephone running Mobian 11/28 + updates (on sd card)

These Posts would fit the Pinephone screen perfect,
.... If they did not exceed about 68 characters in portrait mode. (browser set at 50%)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> ( I edited a few times until the line above fit my phone screen)

OH,  just did the 12/05 update and that   'X' icon is still there and appearing in new places.

I Think   I Really like that icon
...  easy to short-cut with, I would like to see that stay,  wherever it fits.

The phone is connected via cellular data, both Web (Epiphany) and FireFox are working
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-06-2021, 05:11 AM)bcnaz Wrote: These Posts would fit the Pinephone screen perfect,
.... If they did not exceed about 68 characters in portrait mode. (browser set at 50%)

It's disappointing that this site is not responsive. I hope someone is working on fixing that.

(12-06-2021, 05:11 AM)bcnaz Wrote: OH, just did the 12/05 update and that 'X' icon is still there and appearing in new places.

I Think I Really like that icon
... easy to short-cut with, I would like to see that stay, wherever it fits.

I think it's an interesting feature too, but maybe it would be too easy to press accidentally.
(12-10-2021, 07:08 AM)karolkaz746 Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 06:57 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote: Hello,
I also upgraded to bookworm encouraged by this thread.
Just for those willing to update the kernel to 5.13 coming from 5.10: remember to set the screen brightness to the maximum before rebooting. ; )

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...5#pid90815

Have you or any others noticed downsides to upgrading to Bookworm? I'm still considering whether upgrading will be a way for me, but still trying to collect different opinions

I used it as a daily driver for maybe 6-8 weeks and noticed no real downsides and tons of upsides. For example, you'll get the newest version of Phoc/Phosh which are way better. Plus Chatty and other base apps have gotten updates which I don't think have been backported.
Ran an update on my Bookworm. Seems to have borked the packages tho, anyone know what's going on here? It looks like a bunch of different packages need different versions of stuff, do I just need to wait for those packages to be updated to put my system back in a consistent state again?
Code:
➜  ~ sudo apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
python3-gi : Depends: libgirepository-1.0-1-with-libffi8 (>= 1.62.0-4~)
E: Broken packages
➜  ~ sudo apt install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  catdoc exif g++-10 gedit-common gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0 gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0 gir1.2-gtksource-4 gir1.2-handy-0.0 gir1.2-handy-1 gir1.2-malcontent-0 gir1.2-notify-0.7 gir1.2-secret-1
  gir1.2-soup-2.4 gir1.2-totem-1.0 gir1.2-totemplparser-1.0 gnome-disk-utility grilo-plugins-0.3 id3 libamtk-5-0 libamtk-5-common libaom0 libcbor0 libcodec2-0.9 libdmapsharing-3.0-2
  libfluidsynth2 libgail-3-0 libgnomekbd-common libgnomekbd8 libgrilo-0.3-0 libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common libimagequant0 libllvm11 liblua5.3-0 libnemo-extension1 liboauth0 libpcre2-posix2
  libpython3.10 libpython3.10-minimal libpython3.10-stdlib libraqm0 libstdc++-10-dev libtepl-5-0 libtotem-plparser-common libtotem-plparser18 libtotem0 libtracker-sparql-3.0-0 liburing1
  libxklavier16 nemo-data odt2txt python3-aiohttp python3-async-timeout python3-attr python3-bs4 python3-cairo python3-cups python3-cupshelpers python3-multidict python3-pil
  python3-pyfavicon python3-pyotp python3-pyzbar python3-smbc python3-soupsieve python3-sqlparse python3-tabulate python3-typing-extensions python3-xdg python3-yarl python3-yoyo
  system-config-printer-udev totem totem-common
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  cinnamon-desktop-data cpupower-gui gedit gnome-authenticator libcinnamon-desktop4 libxapp1 lollypop malcontent malcontent-gui mobian-phosh nemo nemo-fileroller phosh-full
  portfolio-filemanager powersupply python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-gst-1.0 system-config-printer-common totem-plugins xapps-common
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 21 to remove and 45 not upgraded.
7 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 21.5 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
➜  ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 2,002 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,375 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,572 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,227 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,182 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,534 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 908 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,706 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,493 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,486 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz