PineNote audio volume rocker button?
Will the PineNote have an audio volume control button?

That would be good for page turns when holding both the PineNote and the pen would not be convenient (general reading).
(08-16-2021, 05:52 PM)j_s Wrote: Will the PineNote have an audio volume control button?

That would be good for page turns when holding both the PineNote and the pen would not be convenient (general reading).

Agreed, underappreciated feature is having hardware turning buttons, and volume rocker kills two birds with one stone.
Sadly, such a feature can't be implemented because the case is reused from a much larger production, so all the external facing features are fixed.

As it stands there won't be any audio from what I can tell.

Occasional Linux Kernel Contributor, Avid Wiki Updater, Ask Me About Quartz64
Open Hardware Quartz64 Model A TOSLink Adapter
Pi-bus GPIO Extender For ROCKPro64 And Quartz64 Model A
Plebian GNU/Linux
(08-25-2021, 02:14 PM)CounterPillow Wrote: Sadly, such a feature can't be implemented because the case is reused from a much larger production, so all the external facing features are fixed.

As it stands there won't be any audio from what I can tell.

Good E-Reader says it's probably something like the Bigme B1 without colour.
The Bigme B1 has speakers and microphones.
(08-25-2021, 02:14 PM)CounterPillow Wrote: As it stands there won't be any audio from what I can tell.

Then why does it have 2 speakers and 2 microphones?
(08-28-2021, 12:00 PM)j_s Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 02:14 PM)CounterPillow Wrote: As it stands there won't be any audio from what I can tell.

Then why does it have 2 speakers and 2 microphones?

The two microphones are no longer in the revision that will be produced I believe due to issues with the circuit that couldn't be solved in time, but you are correct that there are the speakers which I did forget about. I mostly thought of the USB Type-C audio mode thing where D+/D- become analog audio lines, which will not be supported from what I've heard.

Occasional Linux Kernel Contributor, Avid Wiki Updater, Ask Me About Quartz64
Open Hardware Quartz64 Model A TOSLink Adapter
Pi-bus GPIO Extender For ROCKPro64 And Quartz64 Model A
Plebian GNU/Linux

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audio jack? mil 0 1,771 08-29-2021, 10:33 AM
Last Post: mil