Cancel order #8162412
When you are struggling with an issue like this (order fulfillment), you need to communicate more, not less. So many things the Pine team could be doing to put people at ease, and alleviate the long-term risk to their reputation.

Makes me wonder whom, if anyone, within the Pine org has any business sense or experience...from an engineering standpoint, the product is pretty damned good, but the "how to run a business" knowledge is sorely lacking.
Yeah thats right, they should at least write an email, or update the kickstarter project, to let us know what's happening.
But after this huge support they can rest a little bit, because they dont have to deliver thousands pine.
(07-03-2016, 01:36 PM)bonterra Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 01:10 PM)PitykePadavan Wrote: Just calm down and wait like the others.
If you can make everyday 5 chairs and you sell it 20$ / chair you will get 100$ / day , but you cant get more then 100$ ,because you can create only 5 chairs. I hope you know what I mean...

I agree with @d1000, the silence from the Pine team is questionable to say the least. One would think that things had calmed down a bit by now and that they would have time to respond to emails but apparently not.

In the May 27th update the team claimed to have sent 31000 packages, that leaves less than 5000 to be sent. It's been almost 6 weeks since that update, yet there are dozens of people asking for assistance in the forum every day. Is @tllim the only one from the team still working on the project?

I was in China last week and the shipping facility already deployed out all KS shipment except 80+ shipments wit Lithium battery that waiting for TNT to pick up on Monday. After this KS deployment, I will revisit the Pine support team performance which I keep getting complain on their performance.
(07-03-2016, 05:29 PM)tllim Wrote: I was in China last week and the shipping facility already deployed out all KS shipment except 80+ shipments wit Lithium battery that waiting for TNT to pick up on Monday. After this KS deployment, I will revisit the Pine support team performance which I keep getting complain on their performance.

That's great news, @tllim. I hope you can sort things out with the support team and focus on developing the system rather than firefighting like the last couple of weeks.

May I suggest that you send an official KS update as soon as all the packages have been sent out to let people know? I think that would calm people down a bit and further alleviate your workload.
Backer #16374 - KS funded January 23rd 2016 - Backerkit funded on March 10th 2016 - BOARD RECEIVED ON JUNE 29th - BACKERKIT ORDER FULFILLED ON SEPT 8th
(06-21-2016, 08:45 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 07:25 AM)d1000 Wrote: Hi guys,

Trying to cancel order due to long delay in shipping. Almost 2 weeks after the delivery date (early June) my order does not even was shipped.... <snip>

Thanks,
D1000

hi, my board was almost 2 weeks late... so what?  I love it !  Its a superior product, and its been a lot of fun to boot (pun intended).

You DO realize that these boards are coming from China... right ?  Have you ever heard of a slow boat from China?? Well, its the truth.  The last fans that I ordered from China took six weeks to get to Rochester Minnesota.  (no kidding)  I got an email from JinLi asking that I please not rate them poorly because of the freight (literally a slow boat... a very large slow boat).

Patience is a virtue.

Smile

Superior to what?  Definitely not superior to the ODROID C2 or the XU4 I can guarantee that because I own a few.  And Ameridroid ships instantly.  Patience is a virtue but Pine holding $400 of MY MONEY since beginning of MAY isnt a matter of patience anymore.

http://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-c2
http://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-xu4

Forget about Pine and get an ODROID, great community and they use Samsung OCTACORE CPUS and the GPUs arent too shabby either
(07-04-2016, 12:15 AM)bonterra Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 05:29 PM)tllim Wrote: I was in China last week and the shipping facility already deployed out all KS shipment except 80+ shipments wit Lithium battery that waiting for TNT to pick up on Monday. After this KS deployment, I will revisit the Pine support team performance which I keep getting complain on their performance.

That's great news, @tllim. I hope you can sort things out with the support team and focus on developing the system rather than firefighting like the last couple of weeks.

May I suggest that you send an official KS update as soon as all the packages have been sent out to let people know? I think that would calm people down a bit and further alleviate your workload.
I lets my partner handles the KS campaign (includes sales and marketing), and I focus on the Pine64 development and production(including forum and wiki). I thinks that I need to re-evaluate this relationship.
I would agree with that, TL, definitely need to look at re-evaluating. Does production include the shipping as well then? It seems that you are the only one that replies to shipping issues, wondering if that is why. I would think with as many issues as have been seen in shipping, partners would be willing to step up and help.

And to everyone else telling d1000 to just wait, calm down, or be patient, does he not have a right to cancel an order if he decides he doesn't want the product anymore? I would argue it does not even matter what his reason is. I don't understand why all of you are telling him how to handle his money (that is what this is, when you get down to it, spending money on a product). He has decided he doesn't want to spend his money on this after all, and you are telling him that he should spend his money on this. Let him decide for himself. It's just unfortunate that if someone wants to cancel an order, it often ends up on the forums, since no requests are answered via emails to Pine.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
(07-04-2016, 07:51 AM)atomicPine Wrote: Superior to what?  Definitely not superior to the ODROID C2 or the XU4 I can guarantee that because I own a few.  And Ameridroid ships instantly.  Patience is a virtue but Pine holding $400 of MY MONEY since beginning of MAY isnt a matter of patience anymore.

You have admitted that you don't have the PineA64 board, yet. You can not make any claims of superiority until you have the board and do a side-on comparison contrast.

The boards are better, and your impatience does not diminish that fact. AtomicPine, you may be as rude as you like, and try to throw your small money around for leverage along with your insults, but that is not going to improve the sales relationship, not the shipping issue. The issue is production and shipping. TLLim knows this, too. He is working to resolve those issues. The best thing for you to do at this point is support him, be calm, and patiently wait. 

marcus
Not to play devil's advocate here, but Marcus, do you have the ODROID C2 or XU4 that atomic mentioned? Because if not, by the same token, you cannot claim that the Pine boards are better, and are just sharing your opinion in the same manner that atomic is.

If you do have the ODROID boards and have done the side-by-side comparison, can you expand upon what makes the Pine boards better? I'm new to the SBC world, and have no idea what makes one board better than others, unless just going by hardware specs, and even then, I'm not sure if that's the right comparison.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  +PINEBOOK Is it possible to order 14” version rn? Jacobm 2 3,740 11-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Order status, please help johntron25 8 9,930 07-08-2016, 12:40 PM
  Cancel my order & give me a refund please RichT 53 55,768 07-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: daveculp
  Order Status prefontaine 3 4,893 06-26-2016, 10:16 PM
  Cancel my order KosakAlmighty 8 10,270 06-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Exclamation Uncancellable order gax1985 1 2,533 06-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Last Post: gax1985
  Cancel my order? DwyerSP 7 7,984 06-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: aegrotatio
  tracking order ? whttrsh 2 3,654 06-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Last Post: frankg
  Cancel my order# 8161801 pilot zenith 13 13,654 05-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Last Post: JulianM
  Place order got charged but never received confirmation email jmandawg 9 9,828 03-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Ghost