Eliminate swiping/logging in when waking up from suspend?
I'm now using my Mobian/Phosh Pinephone as my daily driver and one thing I've noticed is that it's difficult to pick up a call in a timely manner when the phone is in suspend mode. Default for my carrier is to go to voicemail after 4 rings. In testing I found the Pinephone takes 2 rings to wake up and become responsive, but then you have to swipe the screen and put in your passcode to log in and take the call. By that time the call is going into voicemail.

I think if the swiping/passcode coming out of suspend could be eliminated it should be (just) possible to pickup calls before voicemail kicks in. Is there a way to do this?
Pinephone GUIs have a big problem communicating with the modem and anything that exists in that chip, this is why I circumvent the GUI and do the job directly with AT commands or the through the DBus with qdbus, I reckon you can disable the lockscreen by modyfing configuration files in ~/.config/ like with the suspend time

for Plasma have a look at the file "kscreenlockerrc", edit it and reboot
Bump. Very important feature!
I've never had this problem on Manjaro Phosh and also not on Mobian when I last used it a couple of months ago. The call window was always on top of the lockscreen. But anyway the release notes of Phosh 0.13 mention the ability to handle incoming calls on the lockscreen as a new feature, so it sounds like the problem would be solved once that update lands in Mobian.

Edit: Just tested it with Phosh 0.13, the incoming call is now indeed integrated in the lockscreen rather than being an overlay window.
(08-11-2021, 02:54 AM)kqlnut Wrote: I've never had this problem on Manjaro Phosh and also not on Mobian when I last used it a couple of months ago. The call window was always on top of the lockscreen. But anyway the release notes of Phosh 0.13 mention the ability to handle incoming calls on the lockscreen as a new feature, so it sounds like the problem would be solved once that update lands in Mobian.

Edit: Just tested it with Phosh 0.13, the incoming call is now indeed integrated in the lockscreen rather than being an overlay window.

That's correct. Tested on Mobian. It takes 2 rings to get to the answer call screen but it bypasses the lockscreen. 

I guess the slow wake up time is another issue.
OK, I guess then I just have to wait for Phosh 0.13 to come in on an update.

Maybe it will also fix some other issues I'm having making calls. Frequently I can't call out unless I reset the modem, pressing the call button just briefly flashes the screen you get while a call is connected. This may be a regression since for a while the phone was not doing this. (I added an icon to make it easy to reset the modem since it has to be done pretty frequently.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to wake up from suspend xavi92 5 942 10-26-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: xavi92
  Suspend on ram user641 2 584 09-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: user641
  System won't suspend due to suspention notification user641 6 1,118 09-24-2023, 05:47 AM
  Power Consumption on Suspend JudgeFudge 8 1,657 07-29-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: JudgeFudge
  Chatty does not work after suspend mode user641 4 1,753 07-18-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  suspend inhibit no longer working jsch 3 1,865 10-23-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: LibrePhoneUser
  Suspend broken on the pp user641 0 796 04-08-2022, 04:18 PM
  Screen/display gets switched on by itself / Phone wakes up from suspend Anna 5 3,860 01-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: pothos
  Pinephone ”reboot” or logging out by itself Wahtone 0 1,153 05-28-2021, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Wahtone
  eg25manager always turns on GPS when waking up from sleep dcinoz 5 3,948 02-21-2021, 05:06 PM
Last Post: dcinoz