Any developments at all?
(09-17-2021, 09:25 AM)tophneal Wrote: this is most recent info regarding installing waydroid on danctnix (arch):

https://fosstodon.org/@xaviers/106936888809418637
Quote:Installation instructions:
sudo pacman -S waydroid-image
sudo waydroid init -f
sudo systemctl enable waydroid-container --now

and this reddit post has info on installing it to images not using boot/boot.txt, though the pkg link is dead, so the package would need to be grabbed from another repo.
With a little bit of luck, the Wayback Machine might be able to pull the package out of their archive (http://archive.org/web) Tongue
(09-17-2021, 10:50 AM)QuinTeknoLife Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 09:25 AM)tophneal Wrote: this is most recent info regarding installing waydroid on danctnix (arch):

sudo waydroid init -f

and this reddit post has info on installing it to images not using boot/boot.txt, though the pkg link is dead, so the package would need to be grabbed from another repo.
With a little bit of luck, the Wayback Machine might be able to pull the package out of their archive (http://archive.org/web) Tongue

it may not be necessary, just found the new waydroid-image package in the manjaro community repo, so i could be grabbed from there too

EDIT: waydroid command not found gets reported on my tab manjaro install (havent tried pbp yet) and systemctl cannot find the service file for waydroid-container.
(09-17-2021, 12:07 PM)tophneal Wrote:

sudo waydroid init -f

it may not be necessary, just found the new waydroid-image package in the manjaro community repo, so i could be grabbed from there too

EDIT: waydroid command not found gets reported on my tab manjaro install (havent tried pbp yet) and systemctl cannot find the service file for waydroid-container.

waydroid-container? I was under the impression that waydroid was supposed to use lxc or whatever it is called lol. Anyhow, I'm downloading and installing the waydroid package that pamac serves up as we speak, so we'll find out if it'll behave any different on PBP (:

Edit: lol the description links to this github page (which serves up a 404 error) Tongue
(09-17-2021, 01:08 PM)QuinTeknoLife Wrote:

sudo waydroid init -f

waydroid-container? I was under the impression that waydroid was supposed to use lxc or whatever it is called lol. Anyhow, I'm downloading and installing the waydroid package that pamac serves up as we speak, so we'll find out if it'll behave any different on PBP (:

i was going off danct's arch instructions. per a gitlab issue of manjaros, it appears that isnt necessary and a launcher should be available after install
(09-17-2021, 01:13 PM)tophneal Wrote:

i was going off danct's arch instructions. per a gitlab issue of manjaros, it appears that isnt necessary and a launcher should be available after install

After installing  the package from pamac waydroid-start and waydroid-stop are available as commands, however it seems the kernel modules are not enabled (yet) so I guess I gotta do that first.

Code:
[quincy@pbp ~]$ waydroid-start
This script can only be run as root.
[quincy@pbp ~]$ sudo waydroid-start
[sudo] wachtwoord voor quincy:
modprobe: FATAL: Module binder_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.2-1-MANJARO-ARM
modprobe: FATAL: Module ashmem_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.2-1-MANJARO-ARM
ERROR: Binder and ashmem nodes not found!
(09-17-2021, 01:16 PM)QuinTeknoLife Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 10:50 AM)QuinTeknoLife Wrote: With a little bit of luck, the Wayback Machine might be able to pull the package out of their archive (http://archive.org/web) Tongue

After installing  the package from pamac waydroid-start and waydroid-stop are available as commands, however it seems the kernel modules are not enabled (yet) so I guess I gotta do that first.

Code:
modprobe: FATAL: Module binder_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.2-1-MANJARO-ARM
modprobe: FATAL: Module ashmem_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.2-1-MANJARO-ARM

the modules are enabled (or should be, they are if you can run anbox without errors.) you may need to add some lines to your extlinux.conf (details are in the reddit post i linked) and reboot
(09-17-2021, 01:57 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 01:16 PM)QuinTeknoLife Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 12:07 PM)tophneal Wrote: it may not be necessary, just found the new waydroid-image package in the manjaro community repo, so i could be grabbed from there too

Code:

the modules are enabled (or should be, they are if you can run anbox without errors.) you may need to add some lines to your extlinux.conf (details are in the reddit post i linked) and reboot

Were you able to enable them? If not, I'm recompiling the kernel following the instructions from ArchWiki right now to see if that does the trick. (cloning the source and adding these lines in PKGBUILD, in the prepare() function)

Code:
scripts/config --module  CONFIG_ASHMEM
scripts/config --enable  CONFIG_ANDROID
scripts/config --enable  CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC
scripts/config --enable  CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDERFS
scripts/config --set-str CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_DEVICES ""

edit: I've just added that line to my extlinux.conf, as soon as the kernel has finished building I'll first try rebooting and testing again before installing the newly compiled kernel. Adding something to extlinux.conf sure as hell is a lot quicker than compiling an kernel on a PBP Tongue

edit2: Well, that compilation took a hell of a lot longer because my PBP died of 0% charge even tho the charger was plugged in x_x. Anyhow, both the alteration of extlinux.conf as well as the kernel that finally finished compiling didn't work resulting in this.

Code:
modprobe: FATAL: Module binder_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.5-1-MANJARO-ARM
modprobe: FATAL: Module ashmem_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.5-1-MANJARO-ARM
mkdir: kan map ‘/dev/binderfs’ niet aanmaken: Bestand bestaat al     (cannot make directory *. File already exists.)
umount: rootfs: not mounted.
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/sw_sync': Bestand of map bestaat niet      (Cannot access '': File or directory doesn't exist
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/sys/kernel/debug/sync/sw_sync': Bestand of map bestaat niet
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/Vcodec': Bestand of map bestaat niet
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/MTK_SMI': Bestand of map bestaat niet
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/mdp_sync': Bestand of map bestaat niet
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/mtk_cmdq': Bestand of map bestaat niet
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/video32': Bestand of map bestaat niet
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/video33': Bestand of map bestaat niet
chmod: kan geen toegang krijgen tot '/dev/graphics/*': Bestand of map bestaat niet
lxc-start: anbox: conf.c: mount_entry: 2247 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "tmpfs" on "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev"
lxc-start: anbox: conf.c: lxc_setup: 4104 Failed to setup mount entries
lxc-start: anbox: start.c: do_start: 1291 Failed to setup container "anbox"
lxc-start: anbox: sync.c: sync_wait: 36 An error occurred in another process (expected sequence number 3)
lxc-start: anbox: start.c: __lxc_start: 2053 Failed to spawn container "anbox"
lxc-start: anbox: conf.c: run_buffer: 323 Script exited with status 126
lxc-start: anbox: start.c: lxc_end: 996 Failed to run lxc.hook.post-stop for container "anbox"
lxc-start: anbox: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 308 The container failed to start
lxc-start: anbox: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 313 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options

I have no clue where to go from here and whether I should submit this to the git bugtracker or not.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/waydroid-ins...bpro/78590

Related discussion, but they also did not get it to run yet.
i feel silly for JUST NOW thinking of this, but scrolling through journalctl may be a good way to find out what's going wrong.

i got mine close to working on the tab, under arch, it just crashed after starting the splash, though. i'm going to try checking my logs once i have the free time to comb them.

it does seem though that waydroid was adapted to work on the pinephone first and foremost, so we'll likely have some extra steps for it to work than those users, on non-phone pine stuff.
Anyone got WayDroid working on the PBP?
I followed the procedure as written with the Manjaro update.

How to get Waydroid working

If you follow these steps, you should have Waydroid working fine.

Remember, Waydroid only works on wayland!

Install waydroid-image and all it’s dependencies.
Run pkexec setup-waydroid.
You should now be able to launch Waydroid. The first launch takes a while.

I checked the command from the WayDroid icon.
It doesn't start on my PBP.

[rock@PinebookPro ~]$ waydroid show-full-ui
[22:27:15] Starting waydroid session
[22:27:18] Failed to start Clipboard manager service, check logs
[gbinder] Service manager /dev/binder has appeared
[gbinder] WARNING: Service manager /dev/binder has died