Debug receiving sms
Hi.

My phone have stopped receiving sam's. From what I recall it stopped at the end of may.

I can make calls, and send sms's, but not receive sms.

I've tried to reinstall modemmanager and chatty.

I've never really debugged before, so would appreciate if someone could point me in a direction regarding how to debug.

Greetings from Denmark
Dan
(08-04-2021, 11:06 AM)olesendan Wrote: Hi.

My phone have stopped receiving sam's. From what I recall it stopped at the end of may.

I've never really debugged before, so would appreciate if someone could point me in a direction regarding how to debug.

Greetings from Denmark
Dan

It may well be your SMS receive queue has become jammed by some MMS. The way to see your queue is, in a terminal,
Code:
$ sudo mmcli -m any --messaging-list-sms
[sudo] password for csn:
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/113 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/112 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/111 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/110 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/109 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/108 (received)

You then need to delete any that are NOT received (IIRC they show as receiving or something similar.) Unfortunately my notes on the delete command are obsolete - things have changed since I wrote it down and I can't find the original tip. (it was parameter --messaging-delete-sms=108 say but that no longer seems to work!) Hopefully someone smarter than me can work out the current mmcli syntax you need if you post your list output!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(08-04-2021, 03:03 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 11:06 AM)olesendan Wrote: Hi.

Greetings from Denmark
Dan

It may well be your SMS receive queue has become jammed by some MMS. The way to see your queue is, in a terminal,
Code:
$ sudo mmcli -m any --messaging-list-sms
[sudo] password for csn:
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/113 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/112 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/111 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/110 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/109 (received)
    /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SMS/108 (received)

You then need to delete any that are NOT received (IIRC they show as receiving or something similar.) Unfortunately my notes on the delete command are obsolete - things have changed since I wrote it down and I can't find the original tip. (it was parameter --messaging-delete-sms=108 say but that no longer seems to work!) Hopefully someone smarter than me can work out the current mmcli syntax you need if you post your list output!

Hi Dukla2000.

Thank you, for your suggestions.

I had some SMS's in the modem. after deleting them, I've started recieving new SMS's again.

Greetings from Denmark.
Dan Olesen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chatty not receiving encrypted xmpp messages on suspend mode user641 0 723 11-17-2022, 05:16 AM
Last Post: user641