What's your experience with the updated touchpad firmware?
Feels nearly perfect
65.93%
Better, but still not issue-free
26.37%
No real improvements
3.30%
Firmware update failed
4.40%
91 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Finally... The touchpad works great!
(07-29-2021, 06:53 PM)Pleonasmic Wrote: Didn't work for me. I took a screenshot of the terminal output figuring it'd help but there's no way to attach images directly to the forum.

Code:
>>> Verify mismatch: type=f2, pass=e2, received=d2
EEE Touchpad verify data failed type:242 pass:226
EEE Touchpad erase failed
>>> USB device closed

I know you solved this, but for other forum members, I figured I'd mention:

I received this error also. I had tried sudo reboot, rather than sudo poweroff. When I used sudo poweroff that fixed the problem. Cheers y'all! Big Grin
Well, i had a previous patch installed and while it was not great it worked 'well enough' to use.  After this last one its no longer usable. It jumps all over the place and cant control it at all.

Any way to roll back ? Or am i just screwed now?

And why cant i edit the subject????  I dont want to say it works great as it doesn't.
(08-16-2021, 11:48 AM)Nurb432 Wrote: Well, i had a previous patch installed and while it was not great it worked 'well enough' to use.  After this last one its no longer usable. It jumps all over the place and cant control it at all.

Any way to roll back ? Or am i just screwed now?

And why cant i edit the subject????  I dont want to say it works great as it doesn't.

Reset your OS touchpad settings to default. IIRC I had to pretty much disable noise cancelling in touchpad settings before, and after firmware upgrade I had to re-enabled it to make cursor less jumpy.
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons
Tks, ill see how that is done and give it a try. At this point its now a pretty paperweight  ( its a nearly fresh install of Armbian buster on a new M.2, upgraded to Bullseye But that was before firmware, and was working no worse than before the OS rebuild. )

(08-16-2021, 03:41 PM)moonwalkers Wrote: Reset your OS touchpad settings to default. IIRC I had to pretty much disable noise cancelling in touchpad settings before, and after firmware upgrade I had to re-enabled it to make cursor less jumpy.
Well, that was worth my time!

The trackpad has been a point of severe pain on the PBP and honestly is why I wasn't using it very much. With this new update, it's not Apple-quality, but it's an entirely reasonable, well enough behaved touchpad to daily drive without cursing at it and constantly using fn-f7 to turn it off so I can type without the cursor banging all over the place.

Any details on what was in the update, exactly? Beyond, "Works properly now"?
OMG, this really makes a day and night difference.

This is the third time I upgraded my keyboard firmware.

great experiences every time !
Apologies for the noob question, (perhaps one day I will be pro)

On Manjaro Xfce

So I tried running step 1 after successfully compiling the updater. However. when I try to run sudo ./updater step-1 or sudo pbp-fwupdate step-1 I get the command not found error.

I must be doing something simple wrong if there is so much success in installing it.

I also couldn't find the updater tool listed on the add/remove software

Any help is appreciated thanks
(08-17-2021, 06:04 PM)SageFox Wrote: Apologies for the noob question, (perhaps one day I will be pro)

On Manjaro Xfce

So I tried running step 1 after successfully compiling the updater. However. when I try to run sudo ./updater step-1  or sudo pbp-fwupdate step-1 I get the command not found error.

I must be doing something simple wrong if there is so much success in installing it.

I also couldn't find the updater tool listed on the add/remove software

Any help is appreciated thanks

Be sure you are in the right directory.
For step-2 also
cd <enter> ... takes you to /home/<user>
use tab completion,, as so
cd pine<tab> OR <tab><tab> .. if you have 2 pine... named directories
I am assuming you did the git clone in ~ (home for you)
Here's an interesting outcome.  For me (with one of the 2020 batch of PBPs) I was able to run Steps-1 and Steps-2 of the dsimic fork from Github, no problem.  But when I ran Step 3, running  flash_kb on the firmware (the default_ansi.hex step) what happens is that the Fn-F3 functionality (change display) stops working completely.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PBP green LED works but blank display. frerebo 1 865 02-22-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,265 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
  No WIFI network discovery in any manjaro installation (but works on fedora) pineitup 1 3,181 02-05-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: BlueJayLinux
  Sticker on touchpad fbkr 3 5,382 11-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Last Post: pFalken
  Touchpad self generates events jpalus 0 2,012 10-18-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: jpalus
  Do I need the touchpad update? Paulie420 3 5,527 09-22-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Paulie420
  touchpad tanzim8145 2 4,894 06-06-2020, 02:56 AM
Last Post: lot378
Bug open wifi works and secure wifi does not j3bel 2 4,135 06-02-2020, 01:55 PM
Last Post: j3bel
  Right Click touchpad sensitivity tomfowler 4 6,275 05-31-2020, 12:32 PM
Last Post: gwalker
  lol touchpad causes mouse to move all over the place when using in a car james64 0 2,154 02-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Last Post: james64