Problem with cameras/Megapixels?
Photo 
Um... not sure what to use to install these .pkg.tar.zst files wrapped in a zip - looks like four levels of compression Smile.

Meanwhile, I discovered a fun fact with the current camera/app. When it's a short exposure, it still doesn't mean that the whole picture is done in that time. It means that each pixel got exposed to light for that period, but it doesn't say how much time will it take to expose all the 1944 lines. May be much longer, because the line scanner goes at its own speed. IF you moved the camera during the process, you may get interesting artefacts...

[Image: PP_20230418154104.jpg]
(04-18-2023, 08:44 AM)Eugo Wrote: Um... not sure what to use to install these .pkg.tar.zst files wrapped in a zip - looks like four levels of compression Smile.
The .pkg.tar.zst file is the package that you install directly with pacman:
sudo pacman -U linux-pinephone-*.pkg.tar.zst
Tx, the .dng looks okay now. It doesn't produce the .jpg, but then I don't care. i'm better off postprocessing on my own. It would be nice, though, at least I9d be able to send fresh shots via telegram.
The error in postprocess is not too different from the one before

Code:
ound config file at /usr/share/megapixels/config/pine64,pinephone-1.2.ini
Adding camera rear from config
Adding camera front from config

(megapixels:4225): Gsk-WARNING **: 15:19:25.895: Unrecognized renderer "ngl". Try GSK_RENDERER=help
MPCamera: VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_FRAME_INTERVAL error 22, Неисправан аргумент
Initialized OpenGL ES 2.0
TIFF version 20221213
Writing frame to /tmp/megapixels.JXQkis/0.dng
Making thumbnail
TIFF version 20221213
Writing frame to /tmp/megapixels.JXQkis/1.dng
Post process /tmp/megapixels.JXQkis to /home/manjaro/Pictures/IMG20230423151943.ext (save-dng 1)
MPCamera: VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_FRAME_INTERVAL error 22, Неисправан аргумент
MPCamera: VIDIOC_QBUF error 22, Неисправан аргумент
„Неисправан аргумент“ means „bad argument“. I now have one more postprocess, “(user) postprocess.sh“, but regardless - all of them now give te same result.

However, with this installed, the .dng isn't too green anymore, so there's more info to pull a good jpeg from, and the post-process is easier.
I'm taking this back - after a reboot, it did work as advertised, with "(built-in) postprocess.sh". I forgot that this is a kernel and won't reload automatically after install. I'm getting too old to remember all these things..

But yeah, it's not only the correct color now, but it also seems the images aren't overexposed. I usually had to darken them by two f-stops and now the one I just shot looks right on the screen. I'll see about the dng, but last time it worked like this (on my previous phosh which was 19 instead of current 26) the dng was just as good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMS Problem hugh_barnard 2 1,262 05-10-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Screen blocker is damaged ("loginctl unlock-session c1" problem) Gon 2 1,904 09-29-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Firewave
Question Problem with booting from SD card. Several errors LittleStone 0 818 09-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: LittleStone
  Problem installing 8jef 0 1,503 12-19-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: 8jef