USB C dock with internal display mirrored to projector and one extended display
I would like to buy a USB C dock and a 1080p USB C portable monitor to use when I teach in my university. On this Manjaro forum thread, I see that the total graphics output of the Pinebook Pro is a 4096x4096 Canvas. Someone from the Manjaro ARM Team did say on this thread that "So you could in theory get 2 1080p external displays + the internet if you stack them on top pf each other in the settings." I assume that the word internet is a typo and this person means internal. However, I do not want to make a big purchase based on what I hope someone said.

I want to mirror my internal Pinebook Pro screen to a 1080p projector. Then I also want to extend my desktop to the 1080p USB C monitor. I am wondering if this is possible? In other words, by doing this would I being using 3840x2160 of the total 4096x4096 graphics capacity, or would I be using 5760x3240 of the graphics capacity which obviously is not possible.

I also very much welcome suggestions for which USB C monitor and which dock to buy. I very much appreciate any input.
Why do you need three displays?
Why do you use the projector as a mirror, instead of an extended display?
(07-17-2021, 03:09 AM)jiyong Wrote: Why do you need three displays?

Extending to the projector with just two displays is not an option because the instructor workstation is at the front of the classroom at one side or another. Then the projector screen is in the middle slightly behind the instructor workstation. Therefore, to extend my desktop to the projector would mean that my torso would be facing toward the class with my head turned 120 degrees to look at the content I am presenting to them. It is a foreign language classroom which is an interactive workshop style. So, it is not a question of putting a PowerPoint up there and then using a presenter remote as I walk around.

The extended display is used for looking at my lesson plan and for staging other materials which are to be used next. Also, it allows me to look up information that is not pertinent for the class at that point in time and that would otherwise be blocking the content they would need to be seeing.

I have used this workflow for a couple of years now with my teaching. Fortunately, yesterday, a friend gave me his old ThinkPad. So, now I can use it with my DisplayLink USB monitor (which is not an option to use on ARM). So, I will use that laptop for teaching and my Pinebook Pro for all my other laptop usage.
(07-17-2021, 10:38 AM)jbrock Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 03:09 AM)jiyong Wrote: Why do you need three displays?

Extending to the projector with just two displays is not an option because the instructor workstation is at the front of the classroom at one side or another. Then the projector screen is in the middle slightly behind the instructor workstation. Therefore, to extend my desktop to the projector would mean that my torso would be facing toward the class with my head turned 120 degrees to look at the content I am presenting to them. It is a foreign language classroom which is an interactive workshop style. So, it is not a question of putting a PowerPoint up there and then using a presenter remote as I walk around.

The extended display is used for looking at my lesson plan and for staging other materials which are to be used next. Also, it allows me to look up information that is not pertinent for the class at that point in time and that would otherwise be blocking the content they would need to be seeing.

I have used this workflow for a couple of years now with my teaching. Fortunately, yesterday, a friend gave me his old ThinkPad. So, now I can use it with my DisplayLink USB monitor (which is not an option to use on ARM). So, I will use that laptop for teaching and my Pinebook Pro for all my other laptop usage.

Why don't you use the Presenter Console?
https://help.libreoffice.org/6.0/en-US/t...nsole.html

That still wouldn't solve the third screen (unless you can switch windows easily on the Pinebook Pro), but it gives you an option to configure the projector as an extended screen.
@jiyong Thanks for the help, but I don't ever use loimpress. I teach using mainly Vim and Firefox.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinebookPro Display Corrupts/Cuts Out Twig 5 2,110 06-11-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  PBP green LED works but blank display. frerebo 1 805 02-22-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Lost my second display WEF 5 2,864 08-18-2022, 07:53 AM
Last Post: josmo
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,336 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
  No Display on PBP PitCritter 2 2,223 09-04-2021, 12:05 AM
Last Post: lot378
  Pinebook Pro - Display cable broken? snokis 0 1,471 08-17-2021, 11:30 AM
Last Post: snokis
  pinebook pro dock display out mamboman777 0 1,470 07-29-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: mamboman777
  [split] U-Boot with NVMe support, keyboard & display working as400 83 80,778 01-27-2021, 12:48 AM
Last Post: as400
  No keyboard & trackpad leads to no display. RMA from the US. Free parts in Seattle BitterPine 4 8,330 12-30-2020, 06:14 AM
Last Post: BetteHoward
Shocked flickering vignette display? plarkinjr 4 5,327 07-06-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Alstroplane