First impressions
Hats off to everyone who's worked so hard on the PineWatch hardware and the InfiniTime OS!

I received a dev kit a couple of weeks ago and have been using the sealed watch on a daily basis. I thought I would write down some first impressions.

I found it fairly easy to upgrade to Infinitime 1.2.0. (Can't wait to try out Wasp-OS when I have a little more time). I've been keeping it connected to my moto g(7) using Gadget-bridge (installed via F-Droid).

Battery life: about 3 days.
Bluetooth drops about once a day, I can get it back by restarting the watch, force stopping gadgetbridge, and starting it up again.
Flashlight feature has been useful.
Notifications for texts, MS Teams, Outlook, etc. work great!
Watch doesn't show incoming call notifications (though an incoming call test from gadgetbridge's debug screen works just fine).

Infinitime build instructions are fairly straightforward for anyone who's wrestled with building linux software packages and installing dependencies. Made a few tweaks to the digital watchface, recompiled, and uploaded with OTA over bluetooth to the unsealed watch without bricking it. The project looks very well-organized, and I'm looking forward to learning from studying and playing with the code.

Messages In This Thread
First impressions - by wilsonjw - 07-06-2021, 07:33 PM
RE: First impressions - by wilsonjw - 07-08-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: First impressions - by Chuckaluphagus - 08-10-2021, 07:46 PM