Startup Guide (READ THIS FIRST)
If you just got your board like me, and want to image it, you may be confused or frustrated at the download. I was too, but after a bit of research, I found that you have to use a program like 7zip or winrar to extract the .xz file, and it has the image file in it.
(06-18-2016, 12:39 PM)ScorpionTNT Wrote: If you just got your board like me, and want to image it, you may be confused or frustrated at the download. I was too, but after a bit of research, I found that you have to use a program like 7zip or winrar to extract the .xz file, and it has the image file in it.

Thank you for your contribution, hopefully this may provide help for some people in a similar situation who cannot otherwise overcome this issue.
(06-18-2016, 01:06 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-18-2016, 12:39 PM)ScorpionTNT Wrote: If you just got your board like me, and want to image it, you may be confused or frustrated at the download. I was too, but after a bit of research, I found that you have to use a program like 7zip or winrar to extract the .xz file, and it has the image file in it.

Thank you for your contribution, hopefully this may provide help for some people in a similar situation who cannot otherwise overcome this issue.

Good to know! I've already downloaded the image files but won't start till I get my switches soldered on.

Have a powered USB extension as well.
All steps the steps of getting started are available at pine64.pro - Lenny did a really nice job on them. Take a look at my post here for more details.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide: Setup Latest Waydroid for Hardware Acceleration and/or Development nroth 2 4,192 11-11-2022, 04:47 PM
Last Post: nroth
  PineA64 Getting Started Guide khgoh 12 25,381 03-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Doryan
  Yet another startup issue!!! adamw 8 10,570 04-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: adamw