Considering Legal Action
Its not only NOT a scam, its a fantastic idea, and a profound product.

... I give them five gold stars [ * * * * * ] and will tell anyone emphatically that the PineA64 board is well engineered, well made, and absolutely delivers on performance, reliability, product testing, and overall my satisfaction with this product and the team that produced it (out of 10 high) is nine (9). The only reason I don't give it 10 is that nobody is worth 10 (not even me).

The PineA64 has the potential of becoming the next Raspberry PI (maybe even surpassing it) and in the big scheme of things has shown itself to be innovative, and powerfully competitive. These people have leveraged not only technology but marketing, creative commons, and crowd sourcing/ my hat's off to them and I respect them as business professionals, engineers, technologists, and people.

Go Team PineA64 !

marcus
(06-19-2016, 09:11 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Its not only NOT a scam, its a fantastic idea, and a profound product.

... I give them five gold stars [ * * * * * ] and will tell anyone emphatically that the PineA64 board is well engineered, well made, and absolutely delivers on performance, reliability, product testing, and overall my satisfaction with this product and the team that produced it (out of 10 high) is nine (9). The only reason I don't give it 10 is that nobody is worth 10 (not even me).

The PineA64 has the potential of becoming the next Raspberry PI (maybe even surpassing it) and in the big scheme of things has shown itself to be innovative, and powerfully competitive. These people have leveraged not only technology but marketing, creative commons, and crowd sourcing/ my hat's off to them and I respect them as business professionals, engineers, technologists, and people.

That's because you use headless linux, try using Android, good luck, nuff said.
Next RaspberryPi? Are you serious? They're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more professional.
(06-20-2016, 01:08 AM)fneves Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:11 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Its not only NOT a scam, its a fantastic idea, and a profound product.  

The PineA64 has the potential of becoming the next Raspberry PI (maybe even surpassing it) and in the big scheme of things has shown itself to be innovative, and powerfully competitive. These people have leveraged not only technology but marketing, creative commons, and crowd sourcing/  my hat's off to them and I respect them as business professionals, engineers, technologists, and people.

Next RaspberryPi? Are you serious? They're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more professional.

I'm running 0505 build of android and can not complain. It works flawlessly. 
How was the rPi the first 6months? Nothing close to what they are now. They have learned alot since their startup. The same will happen with the Pine team.
The Pine can take on the rPi with ease when it gets out of the start ditch and get a larger community.

To say that rPi is so much better professionally would be the same as comparing the neighbour kid with a lemonade stand with Coca Cola Company. Of course the huge, long lasted business will be better (when it comes to the business part) but that dosnt meen that Coca Cola Company one day will be left in the smoke from the rising business of your neighbour kid.
Tllim answered ChasFred and lets hope that this case finds a satisfactory resolution. I fully understand that people are upset and have a need to vent. But I don't want this going off-course and turning into another "I think Pine64 is good / I think the Pine64 is bad" thread - there are plenty of those as is.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-20-2016, 01:08 AM)fneves Wrote:

Next RaspberryPi? Are you serious? ...
Good morning !  Shy

Android works fine! (that is, I think, what they designed it for really)

... actually, I haven't tried my Pine64 headless yet; I have been using it as my desk PC for many days straight (using it now) and have been putting it through its paces/  no complaints period.

I am booting it into debian (or ubuntu) every other day. I have tightvncserver setup, but I have not used it yet.  Most of my RPi units are headless (running tightvncserver) this is true; but so far the Pine A64 has not been employed this way.

It is true that my primary interest in the board is not for Android (I have a tablet, and a phone, for that purpose). I am primarily interested in the board as a project interface board, prototyping platform, and thin client (I really want to create one-design PCs for family and friends-- the board basically bolts to the back of the hdmi monitor)

I remember when the Raspberry PI started up... they had their woes too/ in fact, I was a late adopter on the Raspberry PI for that very reason. I now own about a dozen of those things/ if things continue to look good here I'll probably end up owning a dozen of these Pine A64 boards as well ! 

Have yourself a great day !

Big Grin
As said before - this is not a scam, many backers have their boards and they work. Mine is upstairs, booted into Ubuntu right now.

Shipping a project of this magnitude can be a logistical nightmare, especially for a young company not used to dealing with the complexities of a an international project of this scale. They are not very late, just a few months. I have kickstarters three years late! They are sending out updates to let us know that there are some issues in shipping and they are working on them.

Have a little patience and give them some time to continue working on shipping. The KS alone had 36,000+ orders, not including any preorders and items added on during the Backerkit period.
(06-19-2016, 01:16 PM)ChasFred Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 12:34 PM)Bluphire Wrote: They are doing their part according to that post. The backers who are impatient and threatening lawsuits are not doing their part as the above statement reads. I would advise against backing any future products on kickstarter if I were one of those complaining.

I received notice over a month ago that it had shipped with a tracking number, but the number shows nothing useful when tracked.  If the creator does not deliver then they are liable.  You can be sure I will not be getting involved with any more of this style project.

Your shipment already dispatched, here is the China EMS tracking number: LS913219704CN
(06-21-2016, 04:35 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 01:16 PM)ChasFred Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 12:34 PM)Bluphire Wrote: They are doing their part according to that post. The backers who are impatient and threatening lawsuits are not doing their part as the above statement reads. I would advise against backing any future products on kickstarter if I were one of those complaining.

I received notice over a month ago that it had shipped with a tracking number, but the number shows nothing useful when tracked.  If the creator does not deliver then they are liable.  You can be sure I will not be getting involved with any more of this style project.

Your shipment already dispatched, here is the China EMS tracking number: LS913219704CN

I have had that shipping number for almost a month now and still nothing.  On one site it actually said it HAD been delivered.
Wink 
now it says it's en route from China to the US:

Quote:Summary
Tracking number Origin Destination Status
LS913219704CN CHINA UNITED STATES On route

History Detail
Local date/time Activity Location Remarks
21-Jun-2016 19:03 Received by Post Office 518040
22-Jun-2016 01:20 Departure export customs SHENZHEN EMS

No tracking information is available from UNITED STATES

judging from how long mine took from that point, I'd say you should see it in a week or so.
It can take up to six weeks to get stuff out of China... its extremely slow (lots of red tape) pun intended.