AT&T cutting off my LG flip phone in 30 days
I'm surprised it's still on YT. It might be more prudent to watch it on LBRY.

I think about this almost every day: I seriously regret enjoying dystoptian future science fiction. It doesn't help that the straight-from-the-twilight-zone "NON-VACCINATED MUST WEAR MASKS" posters all over the place at work keep reminding me.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(07-28-2021, 04:08 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: I'm surprised it's still on YT.  It might be more prudent to watch it on LBRY.

I think about this almost every day:  I seriously regret enjoying dystoptian future science fiction.  It doesn't help that the straight-from-the-twilight-zone "NON-VACCINATED MUST WEAR MASKS" posters all over the place at work keep reminding me.

Now it's late, the gates of hell have opened, define "hell" as you like, but this is exactly the time when the best can demonstrate their value and their potential, enjoy the ride and the descend, when you stare at the abyss, the abyss stares back at you too.....
(07-28-2021, 10:07 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 09:19 AM)swiley Wrote: As long as you can live legally you should avoid violating the law. Also encouraging people to pay AT&T to work against you will undermine your cause.

At least in the U.S., laws and regulations are so complex and convoluted that everyone is a criminal whether they mean to be or not.  See the book "Three Felonies a Day".

I'm well aware of that. There's a difference a mile wide between willingly committing a crime like that and the random crap you're expected to report/deal with every day. You're also tolerating some extreme abuse by your carrier which isn't really acceptable.

WiFi is really a decent wireless alternative in cities and if you're worried about being stranded in the country side you really should have a HAM license out there anyway. Also LORA is improving all the time and will likely make a lot of this irrelevant.
(08-03-2021, 07:12 AM)swiley Wrote: I'm well aware of that. There's a difference a mile wide between willingly committing a crime like that and the random crap you're expected to report/deal with every day. You're also tolerating some extreme abuse by your carrier which isn't really acceptable.

The "crime" of changing the IMEI involves no injured party if not done in attempt to conceal device theft, it is not malum in se. It is merely an arbitrary prohibition - malum prohibitum. I have no moral issue with committing such a "crime" if needed. At this point however the "extreme abuse" from my carrier (blacklisting my Pinephone) has yet to occur, and may or may not occur in the future. As it stands now my Pinephone works on their network without doing anything more than installing an activated SIM.
(07-28-2021, 07:49 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: Well, to put some closure on this thread,

Posted at page 2 of what is currently a 4 page thread, and counting! Big Grin

Jokes aside, glad to hear you are basically getting on OK so far!
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 936 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,743 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 791 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 990 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,418 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 680 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  New Phone Opening Issues LuluFrance 5 2,025 03-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  pine phone external speaker AnAbolitionist 9 3,204 02-08-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: robb777
  new to pine phone and struggling neverdimed 8 2,654 11-25-2022, 05:01 PM
Last Post: neverdimed