Dependency resolution failed
(07-03-2021, 08:16 AM)mouffa Wrote: on Manjaro Plasma it is the same password you use to unlock the screen
Really? I thought I had tried that, but maybe not, will give that a go - many thanks!
Thank you, worked perfectly! ?
(06-19-2021, 10:39 PM)nelstomlinson Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 06:24 PM)RRman Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 01:29 PM)nelstomlinson Wrote: Tried to update my beta edition phone this morning, using Discover.

There are 623.2MB of updates, held up by libcanberrra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3 Looks like this is a sound library

Anyone know a way around this?
Use the terminal and type:
sudo pacman -Syyu (and follow the instructions on the screen)
I did my 2G new pinephone this morning.
It's downloading stuff now, looks like that is working.  Libcanberra is getting replaced by /extra/libcanberra, and there were a couple of others like that. I said Y to all.

Still trying to figure out Manjaro, obviously.

I found the Manjaro and Arch wiki entries for pacman at 
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title...n_Overview and 
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman
So now I have some reading to do.

Edited to add: that worked, and the update doesn't seem to have broken anything much, though firefox again doesn't pull up the keyboard.

Hi all, PP Beta Manjaro/Plasma, new Linux user.  Unable to update the system, 524 updates, many months behind the OS updates published.  It is seeing new ones as they are added.
1. When I try with Discover, I get the dependency issue involving libcanberra identified above.  Previous advice I received in the main Pine64 chat was to move the libcanberra file to a different folder; I don't know what the file would be called but have searched the folders for any related files and haven't found it/them yet.  Also, in Discover there is a "remove" button for libcanberra under "already installed" but it did not work (seems an unimportant file(s) but I will not repeat this risk as a new user).
2. When I try with Terminal, either pacman -Syu or pacman -Syyu, I am prompted for 6 y/n's (do you want to replace) including for libcanberra, I enter "y" for all, it ends with no updates performed and lists 21 errors for 21 files that are "already in the system."  It does not matter if I use ethernet or WiFi.

Can anyone help?  Reinstalling OS is (unsurprisingly) new to me, but I will do it if needed.
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find and remove junk files from failed updates? danimations 4 3,272 10-24-2021, 11:25 PM
Last Post: danimations
  External Display Resolution Change TheBlindEarthican 3 3,776 12-08-2020, 05:21 AM
Last Post: hobbitus