Axolotl signal client package
Thank you very much for this,
however,
I am not able to figure out how to install pamac on pinephone (longtime debian user new to arch).

Trying to install pamac with:

Code:
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/pamac-aur.git

makepkg -sic BUILDDIR="~/Downloads"

but getting:

==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
:: gtk3 and gtk3-mobile are in conflict (gtk3-print-backends). Remove gtk3-mobile? [y/N]

any other solution to install your package or pamac?

Edit:

Figured out a way and writing here if someone else is searching for this:

Code:
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/axolotl-bin.git
cd axolotl-bin
makepkg -si
Then in the desktop menu on phosh click the hamburger menu and disable "Show only adaptive apps",
you should see Axolotl.

But if you click on it, nothing happens...

click Axolotl.
(07-16-2021, 04:12 AM)magdesign Wrote: But if you click on it, nothing happens...

click Axolotl.

Hi,

Maybe you can figure out what happens by running axolotl from terminal ?
(07-16-2021, 05:42 AM)lolgzs Wrote: Hi,

Thanks, I ended up flashing manjaro onto my pinephone, from there I installed Axolotl with:

Code:
pamac build axolotl-bin

The first launch takes a while, but now its running.
(07-16-2021, 07:36 AM)magdesign Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 05:42 AM)lolgzs Wrote: Hi,

Thanks, I ended up flashing manjaro onto my pinephone, from there I installed Axolotl with:

Code:
pamac build axolotl-bin

The first launch takes a while, but now its running.

Hi there.  I was going to say it sounds like the OP was on Manjaro Phosh yet the instructions provided didn't work for me on Manjaro Phosh.  Like you, I was able to get Axolotl to install with the 'pamac build axolotl-bin' command.  It seems the application did install and it appears in my applications menu now.  But like you (at least at first) when I click on it to start it, nothing happens.  I waited a while but still see nothing.  I tried running it in terminal (both with sudo privileges and without) but I appear to be getting:

ERRO[0005] '/home/manjaro/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/electron' exited with code: 1
INFO[0005] astikit: stopping worker...
DEBU[2021/07/18 13:25:53] [axolotl-electron] main: creating window failed: context cancelled
DEBU[2021/07/18 13:25:53] [axolotl-electron] open dev tools false
INFO[0005] astikit: worker is now waiting...

After that it stops and nothing happens.  I can include the entire terminal readout but everything seems to proceed as expected until it gets to these steps and then it fails.  Was there anything else you had to do to get it working properly???  If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!
(07-18-2021, 11:42 AM)OmniSightSeeing Wrote: ERRO[0005] '/home/manjaro/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/electron' exited with code: 1
DEBU[2021/07/18 13:25:53] [axolotl-electron] main: creating window failed: context cancelled

After that it stops and nothing happens.  I can include the entire terminal readout but everything seems to proceed as expected until it gets to these steps and then it fails.  Was there anything else you had to do to get it working properly???  If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

Have you tried to run axolotl by any other mean before (flathub, snap....) ? Maybe the /home/manjaro/.config/textsecure.nanuc/ directory contains an inadequate version of electron. You can delete this directory and try again.
(07-19-2021, 01:19 AM)lolgzs Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 11:42 AM)OmniSightSeeing Wrote: ERRO[0005] '/home/manjaro/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/electron' exited with code: 1

Hi,

Have you tried to run axolotl by any other mean before (flathub, snap....) ? Maybe the /home/manjaro/.config/textsecure.nanuc/ directory contains an inadequate version of electron. You can delete this directory and try again.

Hi there.  Thanks for your help.  I just wanted to provide an update:

I searched for electron in Add/Remove software and installed via that.  After doing so it seemed to get past the 'ERRO[0005] '/home/manjaro/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/electron' exited with code: 1' error I mentioned.  I guess electron would need to be installed? that would make sense...  Did you have it installed already or is this such a basic thing that it doesn't need to be mentioned?

so now when I run it I notice it is getting stuck at a '[axolotl-ws] send request getPhoneNumber' line in terminal.  After reading back through the thread I noticed you had mentioned:

Quote:You may try this: in a terminal, launch axolotl in server mode:

Code:

Code:
axolotl -e server

Then run angelfish / firefox web browser and open url: http://127.0.0.1:9080

So I tried this.  I was able to access the webserver and input my phone # but I am also getting stuck at the Google Captcha screen as the other poster seems to have as well.

I guess I should mention that I do not have a SIM card in my phone at this point so I wouldn't expect it to automatically detect my #.  Is this necessary at this point to get it working?  I have never used axolotl before but was hoping to be able to get it working in some kind of configuration similar to Signal Desktop as I am not quite ready to make my Pinephone my daily driver and switch my SIM card over.  Any help/insight you can provide would be great :-)  Thanks!
This is great although something may have changed on the debian git that I am unsure how to fix. When I build the package it completes until it hits "Retrieving Source". Then I get

The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: Failure while downloading https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mo..._arm64.deb

Which I assume means the file was removed from github as there is a newer version I believe. How might one go about updating the package to pull the newest version?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
(07-28-2021, 01:38 PM)Hobgoblin Wrote: This is great although something may have changed on the debian git that I am unsure how to fix. When I build the package it completes until it hits "Retrieving Source". Then I get

Error: Failure while downloading https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mo..._arm64.deb

Which I assume means the file was removed from github as there is a newer version I believe. How might one go about updating the package to pull the newest version?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

It should work now.
Finally I figured out how to install signal / axolotl on Arch / Pinephone:

Code:
sudo pacman -Syu base-devel binutils git make gcc

git clone https://framagit.org/linmobapps/pkgbuilds.git
cd pkgbuilds/axolotl-bin
makepkg -si

thanks to @linmob
(07-29-2021, 01:40 AM)lolgzs Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:38 PM)Hobgoblin Wrote: This is great although something may have changed on the debian git that I am unsure how to fix. When I build the package it completes until it hits "Retrieving Source". Then I get

Thanks for your help.

Regards

It should work now.

Hi Lolgzs,

Thank you so much for getting it working before. It worked perfectly. Unfortunately, while playing around with some phones, I ended up breaking manjaro Blush  and had to reinstall the operating system which means I lost the previous axolotl install. Would it be possible to update the bin file again with the newest version as it is giving a 404 again. I did try Linmob's version too in case I didn't have to bug you but its out of date as well. If there is a way I can update it myself, please let me know.  Big Grin

Thank you

Have a great day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No keyboard in Signal Desktop Kimberley van Buyten 4 2,344 10-16-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Plasma mobile email client Athansor 9 9,313 11-18-2021, 02:00 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Pandora music streaming client jtn0514 0 1,101 09-27-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: jtn0514
  xmpp&jabber client for Manjaro Plasma mobile acrux 15 11,398 09-13-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  How do you install VPN so you can set up a config file, tor, signal and disk encrypt? temp0rary 5 3,895 05-30-2021, 08:14 PM
Last Post: temp0rary
  Ensure Up To Date - Manjaro Plasma Discover Package Manager Sources Linux2thabone 0 1,540 05-05-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Linux2thabone