Axolotl signal client package
Hi Hobgoblin,

I've just updated the PKGBUILD. Furthermore it should not break anymore as new versions of axolotl are released.

Cheers
Hello everyone,

nanu-c, the main developer of Axolotl, just sent some news regarding the current state of the app:

Quote:Some transparency on the progress of the reimplementation of the current changes.
Signal changed a lot of things how messages have to be sent to their server. This involves the message structure, the way how messages get encrypted and how they are sent. Some days ago I was able to send a message but I think I used a not yet turned off API.

I think I fixed the registration issue, maybe also the desktop linking issue, but not yet the message sending. It feels again like catching up with what Signal has done with multiple developers in a timeframe of 1 year. So the issue will persist because I don't have the time to work full-time on Axolotl. For now, I spent like 30h on this. Just today I found another encryption method that needs to be translated - so more work to come.
I need to do it step by step, otherwise I will ruin my good mood. So stay tuned Smile As a next step, I will release a version that enables the usage of Signal Desktop and reading the responses on Axolotl.
Hello fellow Arch-friends,

good Axolotl news: Sending messages is working again - nanu-c fixed that huge problem.

Registration is still broken, but will be fixed with v1.0.5 soonish...

Here is the latest version of the deb file for you to re-pack:

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

I'm currently looking into Arch packaging from source - hopefully I'll find a way using the Makefile as on Mobian...
i installed version 1.6.0 by editing the PKGBUILD
but the buttons are rendered as colored rectangles without text
i think i saw somthing about rendering problem but i don't find it now
is there a solution?

ezik
(10-30-2022, 06:58 AM)shulamy Wrote: i installed version 1.6.0 by editing the PKGBUILD
is there a solution?

ezik

Hello there,

please use this thread for Axolotl related questions

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12047

I will copy your question.

Cheers
(10-31-2022, 04:57 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 06:58 AM)shulamy Wrote: i installed version 1.6.0 by editing the PKGBUILD
is there a solution?

ezik

Hello there,

Cheers

but this happens on manjaro

ezik
(10-31-2022, 09:20 AM)shulamy Wrote:
is there a solution?

ezik

Hello there,

Cheers

ezik

Yes, that's true. Sorry, it got a bit mixed up lately with people using the Mobian Axolotl page also for Arch/Manjaro related problems. I did not want to post the latest news in two sections - my bad.

Nevertheless, sadly, Axolotl is not usable at the moment because of too many gugs and regressions. Sorry again. I will keep you posted for better times!
(11-01-2022, 04:11 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:20 AM)shulamy Wrote:
is there a solution?

ezik

Hello there,

Cheers

ezik

Yes, that's true. Sorry, it got a bit mixed up lately with people using the Mobian Axolotl page also for Arch/Manjaro related problems. I did not want to post the latest news in two sections - my bad.

Nevertheless, sadly, Axolotl is not usable at the moment because of too many gugs and regressions. Sorry again. I will keep you posted for better times!

OK so i try signal desktop again

ezik

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No keyboard in Signal Desktop Kimberley van Buyten 4 2,375 10-16-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Plasma mobile email client Athansor 9 9,358 11-18-2021, 02:00 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Pandora music streaming client jtn0514 0 1,114 09-27-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: jtn0514
  xmpp&jabber client for Manjaro Plasma mobile acrux 15 11,490 09-13-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  How do you install VPN so you can set up a config file, tor, signal and disk encrypt? temp0rary 5 3,925 05-30-2021, 08:14 PM
Last Post: temp0rary
  Ensure Up To Date - Manjaro Plasma Discover Package Manager Sources Linux2thabone 0 1,553 05-05-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Linux2thabone