LTE doesn't work (Ukraine)
Hello everyone.
I'm using PinePhone on my daily basis and really happy that Linux is now presented at this field.
My biggest concern is about the fact that any of ukrainian LTE carriers are not supported. Will this situation be improved in the future and how can I help with that?
Thanks
If your phone is not rejected by the carrier based on the IMEI then the configuration is here

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14007

If it is rejected then change the IMEI to one of your old phones that you don't use.
(06-18-2021, 01:23 PM)mouffa Wrote: If your phone is not rejected by the carrier based on the IMEI then the configuration is here

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14007

If it is rejected then change the IMEI to one of your old phones that you don't use.

Hi, thank you for your reply. But how can I check if it's rejected or not? I can see some details of my cellular network, carrier name, IMSI etc. So probably the phone is not rejected
So it is not rejected, this mostly happens in the USA, now you have to configure the APN as it is described in the thread and you will have internet, find your carrier's APN and run the commands to configure the context.
Hello,

(06-17-2021, 07:41 AM)moondance4n Wrote: Hello everyone.
I'm using PinePhone on my daily basis and really happy that Linux is now presented at this field.
My biggest concern is about the fact that any of ukrainian LTE carriers are not supported. Will this situation be improved in the future and how can I help with that?
Thanks

Kyivstar and Vodafone offering LTE-900 across Ukraine
<https://developingtelecoms.com/telecom-technology/wireless-networks/10380-kyivstar-and-vodafone-offering-lte-900-across-ukraine.html>

APN Settings:
<https://apn.how/ukraine/kyivstar#dos>

HTH
Ciao
Walter
Choose the right APN and just give the following commands

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.GetProperties`

check the settings

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.SetProperty Name Internet`
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.SetProperty AccessPointName internet.apn.com` <----here enter your APN
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.SetProperty AuthenticationMethod none`

`Type` should already be `internet` and the `Protocol` should be `ip`.

The mobile data button should be turned on and off until you see the circle running around the data signal strength bar on the top right of the screen. When the bar goes from blue to grey you have internet.

Check with `ofonoctl wan`, you should see a table populated with Gateway, IP and DNS addresses.

If it works post here because I want to know that the method works for everyone.
(06-18-2021, 05:00 PM)mouffa Wrote: So it is not rejected, this mostly happens in the USA, now you have to configure the APN as it is described in the thread and you will have internet, find your carrier's APN and run the commands to configure the context.
I tried to use the commands you've provided for ofono, but it says Resource is currently in use. I stopped the ofono servuce, but can't get to the context anymore
Turn off the data, reboot to be sure everything is running and try the commands again. You can not run the commands without ofono because they are provided by ofono through the DBus.

Try `qdbus --system org.ofono`, you should see the bluetooth and the quectel and under the quectel you should see "context1".
(06-19-2021, 05:34 AM)walter1950 Wrote: Hello,

(06-17-2021, 07:41 AM)moondance4n Wrote: Hello everyone.
Thanks

Kyivstar and Vodafone offering LTE-900 across Ukraine
<https://developingtelecoms.com/telecom-technology/wireless-networks/10380-kyivstar-and-vodafone-offering-lte-900-across-ukraine.html>

APN Settings:
<https://apn.how/ukraine/kyivstar#dos>

HTH
Ciao
Walter
Hi Walter, I have lifecell carrier simcard for testing, but I'll definitely try others. Thanks
(06-20-2021, 04:52 AM)mouffa Wrote: Turn off the data, reboot to be sure everything is running and try the commands again. You can not run the commands without ofono because they are provided by ofono through the DBus.

Try `qdbus --system org.ofono`, you should see the bluetooth and the quectel and under the quectel you should see "context1".
I've tried with the mobile data disabled, but with no luck. Then I removed contex1 and created context2. Have no idea why but I was able to modify it from gui and it worked perfectly fine. I even tried to use the commands to write into this context - all of them worked as well.
But after reboot all become the same again: new context was created and become active, nothing works again.
`qdbus --system org.ofono` returned context2 and context3, context3 I suppose is created by system and active now, it's again impossible to change it neither with gui nor commands

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vivaldi Browser doesn't start keyboard for text entry tckosvic 1 1,931 05-24-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  Paste button does not work Angle 0 1,044 08-24-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Angle
  Won't Work Unless Plugged In romulus 1 1,988 08-18-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: acrux
  "short codes" no longer work on the spacebar texting app? mudflap 0 1,182 05-31-2021, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mudflap
  Does siglo not work in manjaro plasma? Athansor 0 1,474 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Athansor
  Outgoing calls/sms work, incoming don't user12345 2 2,981 04-12-2021, 10:11 AM
Last Post: user12345
  Phone doesn't mount on laptop lsitongia 2 3,113 03-02-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  Anbox starts and kinda work on Lomiri Manjaro now paju1986 0 1,630 01-15-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: paju1986
Shocked Possible reason why MANY applications dont work properly in Manjaro on the PinePhone kern707 4 5,148 12-04-2020, 09:46 AM
Last Post: kern707
  After todays upgrade unlock screen does not work anymore LinAdmin2 14 12,481 11-13-2020, 07:54 AM
Last Post: LinAdmin2