LTE doesn't work (Ukraine)
I wrote these instructions weeks ago when you still couldn't configure the APN from the GUI, I just realised that you can configure it now, so don't mix the two methods, keep the one that works.
(06-20-2021, 09:38 AM)mouffa Wrote: I wrote these instructions weeks ago when you still couldn't configure the APN from the GUI, I just realised that you can configure it now, so don't mix the two methods, keep the one that works.
Thing is that it's possible to create connection (context) from GUI, but impossible to activate it. To make it active another context, created by system, should be removed and Mobile data should be activated again. But after reboot system creates it's own context again and internet stops working
We are talking about Manjaro Plasma Mobile. The important thing is that the internet is working. Before some days I configured it with the commands and it works fine every time it reboots. Try to delete everything from the GUI and create only one context with the commands. There may be some automatic setting enabled that I am not aware of.
(06-20-2021, 10:28 AM)mouffa Wrote: We are talking about Manjaro Plasma Mobile. The important thing is that the internet is working. Before some days I configured it with the commands and it works fine every time it reboots. Try to delete everything from the GUI and create only one context  with the commands. There may be some automatic setting enabled that I am not aware of.
Thank you very much for your hep. Could you please post the command how to create a context?
All the commands are at the end of the thread.

for internet

qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.AddContext internet

for mms

qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.AddContext mms
(06-20-2021, 04:36 PM)mouffa Wrote: All the commands are at the end of the thread.

for internet

qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.AddContext internet

for mms

qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.AddContext mms
Hi, thanks for all updates. Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore. I've tried to add a context using cli, using gui, but no internet connection after it. It's always the same situation: if context added manually using cli - it's impossible to activate it; after reboot system adds it's own always active connection with nodata as APN (in my case it should be internet) that can't be changed. I even tried to flash a newest image to my phone - doesn't help much. Hopefully this situation will be improved soon. Can definitely say that qdbus commands work, I even had working connection twice, but  now I can't reach it. Will keep up trying
Something must be wrong because I have tried it many times and it always works. After you configure the DBus the settings stay there. It is possible to be a difference in the behaviour of different devices but this one is a simple thing. After flashing the image you should have one internet context which should be configured and turning on-off the mobile data 2 times from the menu should activate the connection.
Thumbs Up 
(06-22-2021, 01:47 AM)mouffa Wrote: Something must be wrong because I have tried it many times and it always works. After you configure the DBus the settings stay there. It is possible to be a difference in the behaviour of different devices but this one is a simple thing. After flashing the image you should have one internet context which should be configured and turning on-off the mobile data 2 times from the menu should activate the connection.
Ok, latest updates: GUI used, default context removed and new one added with correct APN (internet in my case). Then I turned on/off Mobile data couple of times until notification popped up that new context was activated. And it worked till the next reboot. Than all procedure should be repeated. So I could confirm that with a new image GUI variant works. Thank you very much for your help Shy
The internet should work for anyone whose device is accepted by the operator and makes calls, now you can either make a script and run it after every reboot or use Manjaro Phosh (maybe temporarily from an SD card) until you find a solution.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vivaldi Browser doesn't start keyboard for text entry tckosvic 1 1,932 05-24-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  Paste button does not work Angle 0 1,044 08-24-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Angle
  Won't Work Unless Plugged In romulus 1 1,990 08-18-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: acrux
  "short codes" no longer work on the spacebar texting app? mudflap 0 1,183 05-31-2021, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mudflap
  Does siglo not work in manjaro plasma? Athansor 0 1,477 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Athansor
  Outgoing calls/sms work, incoming don't user12345 2 2,989 04-12-2021, 10:11 AM
Last Post: user12345
  Phone doesn't mount on laptop lsitongia 2 3,113 03-02-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  Anbox starts and kinda work on Lomiri Manjaro now paju1986 0 1,631 01-15-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: paju1986
Shocked Possible reason why MANY applications dont work properly in Manjaro on the PinePhone kern707 4 5,151 12-04-2020, 09:46 AM
Last Post: kern707
  After todays upgrade unlock screen does not work anymore LinAdmin2 14 12,487 11-13-2020, 07:54 AM
Last Post: LinAdmin2