manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken
I have plugged in a keyboard through the dock, and switched to terminal 3. It wants me to log in ... but I don't know what userid to use! It doesn't recognize root, and I don't recall setting up a userid when I first started the phone. Any ideas?

Oops, answered my own question. Username root, password root. I probably should have known check for a default account and password from the start, since I didn't set them up when starting the phone for the first time.

Now I'm in, and I've typed loginctl unlock-session c1, and the command runs without error, but when I switch back to terminal 1, I just see the K logo, gear not turning. I'll try updating from the terminal.

And that did it, I'm back in business with a GUI.
(06-22-2021, 07:25 PM)nelstomlinson Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 08:08 AM)mouffa Wrote: I am running opensuse from the SD and I update the Manjaro like the previous time either with the dock or with `chroot` until the problem is solved again.
So sounds like I will have to find a monitor, mouse and keyboard to plug into the dock? Hadn't planned to do that any time soon, but I'm having this problem, too.

you don't need a monitor and a mouse, you can see everything from the phone's screen and the keyboard is enough to perform the operations
(06-16-2021, 07:19 AM)Uturn Wrote: my Manjaro-ARM-plasma-mobile-pinephone-dev-20210616.img.xz
fetches for updates, recognizes 0Byte update size, asks for a restart, then mentions system up to date.
After restart, splash screen allows to open discover or repair system, where repair system does not change anything.
Also says Failed to update 1 package, failed to update database: unexpected system error
Now on open discover the system will be fetching updates again (very slow), then will message up to date.

So, do we have an error here, or dont' we have one?

As, on restart, I will get the message open discover or repair system again. And Discover will attest the system is up to date again.

Does anyone have a solution to the original problem? My system also keeps doing this. Every time I boot I get the same "error." I tried updating the mirrors, as suggested in another post, but it didn't work. The system seems to continue updating normally, but I get that error message every time I boot.

This was the main search result, btw  Big Grin
(07-27-2021, 09:07 AM)paintchip Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 07:19 AM)Uturn Wrote: my Manjaro-ARM-plasma-mobile-pinephone-dev-20210616.img.xz
fetches for updates, recognizes 0Byte update size, asks for a restart, then mentions system up to date.
After restart, splash screen allows to open discover or repair system, where repair system does not change anything.
Also says Failed to update 1 package, failed to update database: unexpected system error
Now on open discover the system will be fetching updates again (very slow), then will message up to date.

So, do we have an error here, or dont' we have one?

As, on restart, I will get the message open discover or repair system again. And Discover will attest the system is up to date again.

Does anyone have a solution to the original problem? My system also keeps doing this. Every time I boot I get the same "error." I tried updating the mirrors, as suggested in another post, but it didn't work. The system seems to continue updating normally, but I get that error message every time I boot.

This was the main search result, btw  Big Grin

I installed UBports plasma-mobile for now, which either is looking for updates or messages up to date . Does feel a bit strange for a cutting edge install, but I have it just since 3 days. However the about dialog of Discover shows a very unhappy icon on the bottom of the screen. Guess this means something's out of order.
why are you using the development branch?

forget completely the Discover and master the Pacman, for system upgrade run

'sudo pacman -Syu'

you can find in the man-page all the commands on how to operate the Pacman

examples

install package "firefox"

`sudo pacman -S firefox`

remove package "firefox"

`sudo pacman -R firefox`
(07-28-2021, 03:03 AM)mouffa Wrote: why are you using the development branch?

'sudo pacman -Syu'

examples

`sudo pacman -S firefox`

remove package "firefox"

`sudo pacman -R firefox`
I am using development because the keyboard was so laggy, hoped it might be better. sudo pacman -Syu answers everything's up to date, yet Discover asks to repair system. But I guess you're right and I'll prefer pacman.
don't even bother with Discover and install the stable branch, many things are laggy but get fixed as time passes, if pacman says it's OK then it's OK

'sudo pacman -Syu'

examples

`sudo pacman -S firefox`

remove package "firefox"

`sudo pacman -R firefox`
i know how to use pacman, but I also want to test the phone like a phone. I usually use UBports, but I really want to keep testing out the different distros to see where they are, submit bug reports, etc. I feel like this could be a daily driver contender once it stabilizes.
Discover doesn't even work on desktop, it has something very counter intuitive, it needs complete rethinking like the Plasma Dialer.
(07-28-2021, 09:54 AM)paintchip Wrote:

'sudo pacman -Syu'

examples

`sudo pacman -S firefox`

remove package "firefox"

`sudo pacman -R firefox`
i know how to use pacman, but I also want to test the phone like a phone. I usually use UBports, but I really want to keep testing out the different distros to see where they are, submit bug reports, etc. I feel like this could be a daily driver contender once it stabilizes.

tried sudo pacman -S vdirsyncer but received a bunch of error messages. I had hoped vdirsyncer might help with my nextcloud calendar ;(

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  systemic issue pinephone penguins_rule 1 154 03-22-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  link for supported pinephone os manjharo et all penguins_rule 2 117 03-19-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  Using too much juice since last update Eugo 20 3,106 03-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  recent update Uturn 14 1,512 02-13-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  what is wrong with KDE plasma beta15 RC4? Uturn 8 1,332 10-02-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 498 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  CardDAV / Nextcloud sync broken Uturn 0 607 06-15-2023, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,068 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,422 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,617 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon