Remix OS
So from reading this thread I am thinking, linux versions and android (remix os) all are still having issues with this board, whether it's hdmi ouput or internet connection issues.
Question, Is any operating system working FULLY with this board!!
(04-24-2016, 04:56 AM)oddsox Wrote: So from reading this thread I am thinking, linux versions and android (remix os) all are still having issues with this board, whether it's hdmi ouput or internet connection issues.
Question, Is any operating system working FULLY with this board!!
Thats not exactly right.
If you use a hdmi connection without adapters and your monitor supports 1080, there are no hdmi issues! In remix there are problems with screen size, but thats a software/Remix problem.
Regarding ethernet there are 64+ boards with GB lan working (about 500mbits) and others dont (just needing a fixed port with 100mbits on the router/switch), but ethernet is working at all, just speed seems an issue here. Whether this is software or hardware, me personally dont know, but there are OS fully supported by the board and working fine.
You can check out in certain threads here...

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk
Still a linux newbie with several EEE-PCs, PI's, LattePanda and some Desktops/Laptops running Win10. Now also proudly using Pine64+ 2GB and gigabit LAN
(04-23-2016, 06:16 PM)Luke Wrote: Frankly, both imgs are a mess. I have tried the Phoenix card and dd img, and neither work for me. I tried different cards - even bought a brand new one to eliminate all potential problems. And nothing seems to work. I have no problem getting the Ubuntu img working however....

Since you tried everything you could concerning the OS hard drive (SD Card) and differente Remix OS versions, could it be that Remix OS is more power demanding while booting? If there is such possibility you could try a diferente power source and check if it works.  I use a 2.1A charger.

Pine 64 2GB - Remix OS  - HP wireless keyboard = Working - PS3 controller with USB = Working
(05-06-2016, 07:08 AM)JPCRamos Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 06:16 PM)Luke Wrote: Frankly, both imgs are a mess. I have tried the Phoenix card and dd img, and neither work for me. I tried different cards - even bought a brand new one to eliminate all potential problems. And nothing seems to work. I have no problem getting the Ubuntu img working however....

Since you tried everything you could concerning the OS hard drive (SD Card) and differente Remix OS versions, could it be that Remix OS is more power demanding while booting? If there is such possibility you could try a diferente power source and check if it works.  I use a 2.1A charger.

Thanks for responding JPCRamos. It wasnt a psu issue - I've got plenty of power - I dont know what it was frankly... Anyways, I got the DD img working without any issues. Will give Phoenix Card a go sometime in the future too to determine if I still have an issue with it
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Just wanted to say.. this OS is solid. I tried Ubuntu initially and that was just a waste of time.. clearly not ready yet.
Remix OS is running great on my 2GB Pine A64+

Has anyone tried setting up a VPN on RemixOS yet? I used OpenVPN Connect and used a config file from NordVPN. It says that its working fine in OpenVPN, but when I check on whoer.net it clearly isnt working..
(05-11-2016, 03:26 PM)dekdo Wrote: Just wanted to say.. this OS is solid. I tried Ubuntu initially and that was just a waste of time.. clearly not ready yet.

Has anyone tried setting up a VPN on RemixOS yet? I used OpenVPN Connect and used a config file from NordVPN. It says that its working fine in OpenVPN, but when I check on whoer.net it clearly isnt working..

I have the 2GB Pine A64+ as well. My experience with Remix OS is completely opposite yours. Debian with MATE works just fine. Any time I try to do anything on Remix OS that requires ethernet, it goes down for the count. If I load the Play Store it sometimes lets me log in. If I search in the Play Store, the Pine goes down hard. The screen goes dark and the power light goes out. If I open Chrome it initially loads. As soon as I perform a search it goes down. Sometimes it is the same as the Play Store, other times the screen just goes solid black or white while the Pine remains on. It's basically unusable when connected to the Internet.

I'm using a power source that works just fine for the other distros. It doesn't seem to be a power source issue unless searching is causing a massive surge in power somehow.

This is my micro SD card - http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-Adap...ds=microsd
(05-18-2016, 08:24 AM)weci2i Wrote: Any time I try to do anything on Remix OS that requires ethernet, it goes down for the count. If I load the Play Store it sometimes lets me log in. If I search in the Play Store, the Pine goes down hard. The screen goes dark and the power light goes out.

You're talking about well known issue N° 3: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=514

The problem is either undercurrent or undervoltage. Activating the GbE PHY needs probably 180mA more, same with somewhat demanding workloads. If the power led goes off it's obvious what's wrong.
(05-18-2016, 08:24 AM)weci2i Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 03:26 PM)dekdo Wrote: Just wanted to say.. this OS is solid. I tried Ubuntu initially and that was just a waste of time.. clearly not ready yet.

I have the 2GB Pine A64+ as well. My experience with Remix OS is completely opposite yours. Debian with MATE works just fine. Any time I try to do anything on Remix OS that requires ethernet, it goes down for the count. If I load the Play Store it sometimes lets me log in. If I search in the Play Store, the Pine goes down hard. The screen goes dark and the power light goes out. If I open Chrome it initially loads. As soon as I perform a search it goes down. Sometimes it is the same as the Play Store, other times the screen just goes solid black or white while the Pine remains on. It's basically unusable when connected to the Internet.

I'm using a power source that works just fine for the other distros. It doesn't seem to be a power source issue unless searching is causing a massive surge in power somehow.

This is my micro SD card - http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-Adap...ds=microsd

Your card should be fine since its a class 10.. I am using a 16gb class 10 sandisk ultra though. 
Also, for what its worth i used phoenix card 3.0.9 and this image http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/pinea64
My ethernet works great, getting speeds around 85 Mbps.
Pine A64+ 2GB / Remix OS
(05-18-2016, 12:06 PM)dekdo Wrote: Your card should be fine since its a class 10.. I am using a 16gb class 10 sandisk ultra though. 
Also, for what its worth i used phoenix card 3.0.9 and this image http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/pinea64
My ethernet works great, getting speeds around 85 Mbps.

Hey dekdo, is your pine64 connected to a wired gigabit ethernet?
is there any difference in:
Remix in wiki.pine64 -> Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160415 [BETA]
vs
Remix in http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/pinea64 -> Last Update : 2016-05-06 File Size : 472MB

the file size is definitely different.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sourround sound - Remix MrSarkasmus 0 2,841 10-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: MrSarkasmus
Star Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160718 tllim 25 44,074 08-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Idemdesign
  Remix os os 64bits ?? Matroxplay 1 4,274 07-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tllim
Question Nginx proxy on Remix OS -- possible? mitchmitchell 1 4,737 05-29-2017, 02:45 AM
Question Remix OS 2.0 [20170105] Waaaa??? veronicasmithen03 1 4,682 05-29-2017, 02:42 AM
  REMix OS Boots and then blank Screen Michaelrowe01 6 19,356 04-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Stuck at Remix OS logo leongzhi 9 24,507 12-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Michaelrowe01
Exclamation LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL support in Remix? mcfly777 4 8,875 12-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Toriless
  Guest Account in Remix OS cannot Get Internet Connection deniyulianti 1 4,276 10-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  No microphone input in Remix xtcrefugee 3 10,368 08-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Last Post: jkmooney